toothache

pennywise

Went to the the dentist on thursday with chronic toothache, he drilled out me tooth and filled it and put me on a course of antibiotics, did a good job but the pain has come back with avengence anyone got any ideas on soothing the pain? pliers are staying in the tool box by the way! :D

As a temporary fix tomorrow, go to a pharmacist and get some oil of cloves and dab it on the painful area - but get to your dentist asap on Monday.

Whilst you are at it take the pharmacist's advice on which is the most appropriate OTC pain-killer

Edited by amateur

i have a root canal in my back left molar and i get EXTREME toothache in it i also get it EXTREMLEY bad in my right molar, luckily im having them pulled soon ready for braces but im so afraid of the dentist i need to go to the hospital for a general, had a bad experience as a young'un, had a dentist pull a tooth, but he was running late so he injected and then ripped the tooth out INSTANTLY didnt give anastethic time ot kick in ******, so yh i have a sepctic infection under my back left molar, which whn i have my teeth pulled will be hopefully removed aswell, and then will be put on anti biotics, so the best answer mate is to take some Paracetemol and get an emergency appointment with the Dentist to get it checked, X-rayed if poss..... feel better soon mate...

oh and btw i do look after my teeth brush everyday twice, but i have never had very good teeth and im prone to holes, even though my diet isnt high sugar or high fizzy, so i dont know why, but hell what else can i do, when i get my braces ill have nice straight teeth, till then oh well....

Edited by mark_mjs93

Dentists are like mechanics-theres some good ones out there but theres also some cowboys.Not many decent dentists do NHS cos the rewards are far higher in the private sector.Shop around and try a few-dont be afraid to tell them you are scared/nervous-its extremly common-if all else fails get your name on the list for Megan-a young Indian dentist (and yes she is stunning)-at Bank Chambers in Buckingham-if you are anywhere in Bucks-she is worth travelling for.Any pain that you experience with Megan you can inflict on my dangley bits in revenge. :D

Edited by bruno22rf

i have a root canal in my back left molar and i get EXTREME toothache in it i also get it EXTREMLEY bad in my right molar, luckily im having them pulled soon ready for braces but im so afraid of the dentist i need to go to the hospital for a general, had a bad experience as a young'un, had a dentist pull a tooth, but he was running late so he injected and then ripped the tooth out INSTANTLY didnt give anastethic time ot kick in ******, so yh i have a sepctic infection under my back left molar, which whn i have my teeth pulled will be hopefully removed aswell, and then will be put on anti biotics, so the best answer mate is to take some Paracetemol and get an emergency appointment with the Dentist to get it checked, X-rayed if poss..... feel better soon mate...

oh and btw i do look after my teeth brush everyday twice, but i have never had very good teeth and im prone to holes, even though my diet isnt high sugar or high fizzy, so i dont know why, but hell what else can i do, when i get my braces ill have nice straight teeth, till then oh well....

codine :lol: (and a calcium rich diet :P )

Dentists are like mechanics-theres some good ones out there but theres also some cowboys.Not many decent dentists do NHS cos the rewards are far higher in the private sector.Shop around and try a few-dont be afraid to tell them you are scared/nervous-its extremly common-if all else fails get your name on the list for Megan-a young Indian dentist (and yes she is stunning)-at Bank Chambers in Buckingham-if you are anywhere in Bucks-she is worth travelling for.Any pain that you experience with Megan you can inflict on my dangley bits in revenge. :lol:

I can feel a ache coming on already :D and it aint in my tooth :lol: