Wanted: Tiscali Reviews

Oly

We're in the swing of moving house and using this oppurtunity to review our broadband supplier. The phone line at the new house is disconnected and if a good package includes phone & tv deals then that would be great.

I'm currently considering Tiscali deal - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tv/premi...srccode=COD_592 - as Tiscali can also reconnect the line very cheaply compared to BT too. :good:

Now I know there are a fair few bad reviews of Tiscali out on the web - but people generally only write reviews if their annoyed, so please keep this to if you have had direct experience with them, but if anyone does have any direct experience your comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Oly

They have a very bad reputation professionally. I tried to get them to take the account over from BT 2 years ago, it was hell on earth their support was terrible, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Only two i'd recommend is BT, expensive but generally the best service, and if you can take big brother watching you try Virgin.

Woody

After many years being asked if Tiscali are any good by my clients I can safely give you a resounding no. The thing that seperates providers is not their ability to provide a connection via ADSL, BT do that for them. Its the customer service and after sales technical which is important because at some stage you will have a connection problem, its BT. Next to Tiscali, Talk Talk are the provider I receive most complaints about.

The current record for a customer being offline with Tiscali, until we moved them, is 5 weeks. Talk Talk hold the record with a shade over 7 weeks.

Try looking at thinkbroadband.co.uk for a decent unbiased rating on each provider, given by their own customers.

I was with them - service was reliable but seriously slow, and the customer service was ****! when I cancelled they kept trying to bill me despite me sending written conformation that I was cancelling in accordance with the contract. went on for 3 months before they threatened baliffs!

Moved to sky with no issues at all. I would avoid.