Land with FACS on it

It's the land that's registered not the number of shooters. If a piece of land has numerous people shooting over it I doubt very much that an FAO would pick that up from the applications and even if they did it would be hard to say what their justification might be to stop more.

You dont get registered to land, there may be land that your firearms dept. is aware you shoot on, or that are listed on your cert. as named land.

Basically what your dealing with is a piece of land that has already been cleared (for up to what calibre you will have to find out)

Shouldnt make any difference, all of my piece of land have other shooters on them and were cleared before i shot there.

The police can, and do, weigh up the number of people with permission on a piece of land. If they decide that the number of people with permission don't marry up with the need then they may consider it unsafe or alternatively might decide that the landowner is signing permission slips willy nilly so people can get a FAC.

They have the right to do it and in some cases are right in doing so. This applies mainly to people using the permission as justification to get tickets or to have shooting over land on their tickets. Once it's on there you don't need to tell them where else you shoot provided it has already been cleared for the calibre you shoot.

Remember that it's the police that issue the certificate and apply conditions to it. Not the landowner.

can you explain this to me please. so once you have a FAC ticket closed you can shoot on any land that has been vetted and approved

thanks

john

Inexperienced shooters have what is commonly called a closed condition on their certificate and can only shoot on land that has been inspected and cleared by the local constabulary. If you're asked to shoot on land that has already been inspected and cleared then it doesn't need clearing again unless it was done several years ago. This is the condition you get when your FAC is first issued. This condition is invariably removed on first renewal or earlier if you can back them into a corner. Some FLO's say one year, others say 3 years others wait for renewal. There's nothing in law that says you have to wait that long and is a condition decided locally.

Experienced shooters have the closed condition removed from their certificate and are deemed competent to inspect and clear their own land. They are not restricted to land that has previously been inspected.

can you explain this to me please. so once you have a FAC ticket closed you can shoot on any land that has been vetted and approved

thanks

john

Don't think so or why did i bother getting my open ticket. If you have a closed ticket i think all land you shoot must be passed by your licencing authority. Not sure if you are with someone who has an open ticket though, guess that would be ok.

Rgds

Badshot

Ps agree with davek above.

Edited by badshot