Toying with getting an Air Rifle

Markio

Fancy an air rifle. No fuss, no license etc. For live quarry, rabbits and the like. I'm not sure of exactly what i can expect for my money. Springer sounds good as i don't have the chargiong route but i don't what some clangy noisy lump of ****. Can you get a PCP on that buget? If my budget is way out then tell me.

So for £300 what are my options? More than happy to go 2nd hand. For the money i would need gun and scope.

EDIT: Like the look of the BSA Lightning XL. What are my chances?

Edited by Markio

try for a second hand springer and have it tuned, the rifle will out shoot you, and you will still have change for beer :yes:

Booze? Now you're talking... ???

Happy with the springer type loading action but concerned of the noise from the one and only time i shot one 15 years ago. Terrible twanning noise. Very annoying. Bad examples i presume, i think i need to try a decent springer out to set my mid at ease.

Markio, I`ve shot the new lightning, no twanging and the fitted silencer works good, apparently they get quieter with use :yes: and a resonable price.

The advances in tuning methods, lazerglide, powerloc springs have all helped tame even the evilest of spingers and they never run out of air in the field.

Markio, I`ve shot the new lightning, no twanging and the fitted silencer works good, apparently they get quieter with use ??? and a resonable price.

The advances in tuning methods, lazerglide, powerloc springs have all helped tame even the evilest of spingers and they never run out of air in the field.

Cheers, the springers do have that appeal. I think i need to get out and try some. :yes:

i used to have a logun and a air arms pcps then fancied a change and bought a webley stingray 2 springer and have now sold the 2 pcps as i ended up never takin them out would higly reccomend 1 to you.

The thing i found quite limitng in the pcps was that they were both quite heavy and my permision is 1 where you have to do a lot of walking

but as with all these thing if possible borrow one to have a go with.

nick

p.s. my springer has got better and quiter with age also

So for £300 what are my options? More than happy to go 2nd hand. For the money i would need gun and scope.

I bought my Logun Solo .177 fitted with a Logun silencer and Hawke scope for less than £300 secondhand from my local dealer, and spent a further £30 making it multishot.

Very accurate, quiet and no recoil, and no heavier than my XS78

As often Post - New Shooters or Looking for a Air Gun Check out your Local Air Gun Club

Most have a For Sale Table - where Members often sell on Air Gun's

Also get a chance to fire them on Clubs Ranges before Buying another Plus

Especially @ Lea Valley - Where We average a 100 Shooters through the Ranges

Most Saturday's - All Day Club - 0930-1600

www.lvagc.com

BOB/R

my mate is selling his hw97k on here, its on the first page. i can vouch for the fact that it is only 3 months old and mint apart from the mark under the pistol grip that he mentions. i know he's dropped his price to £275 and believe me , it is a bargain. if i had the money i'd have had hit!