lumpy rabbit ?

silpig5

undefinedhad to post this gruesom find .

after bagging this healthy running female whilst lamping last night , i had a nasty shock whilst paunching the first batch,

the white ball you see is the size of a tennis ball and filled with a white very smelly liquid presumably puss .

she ran as normal into the path of #6 shot from my trusty siver pigeon 5 , so didnt think anything was wrong with her , how wrong i was !

any thoughts or theorys regauding this lump ? neadless to say that she was deposited into the "gutts"hedge .

post-16997-1242494912.jpg

From some experience i have had with ovarian cysts in cattle, i dont think it would be that big... i could be wrong but as far as i know an ovarian cyst is a follicle that keeps growing but there is not enough hormone (i think progesterone) to cause it to burst which releases an egg. The lump looks like a tumor or a uteruss full of babies that have gone rotten or something from some problem when it tried to give birth?