FAC shotguns

larsenator

• 8 years later...

You will get different answers here. Not all Police Forces list S1 shotguns the same. Some will allow you to use it anywhere you can use your S2 shotgun but restrict the use of slug (if you have it) and others will state where it can be used.

I'm still waiting for my FAC to come with S1 shotgun on it, I have asked for club use for PSG (what I really need it/them for, I've asked for 2), clay and pigeon shooting but as I don't have my own permission and only go pigeon shooting when invited by a friend I suspect I will only get use for PSG and target use at a club. My FLO didn't seem too happy about me going clay bashing with a S1 shotgun. Yours could be completely different though.

To use a firearm in any way that use must be stipulated on the cert. If its say "may be used for practical shotgun events and competition" and doesn't state "can also be used for pigeon shooting or clays" or similar, then you cannot do the latter two things with it, landowner permission open or closed cert. When you think of it this is fair enough, remember it is illegal by separate legislation to shoot certain things with a shotgun capable of more than two in the mag one in the tube.

:lol: just noticed that, Do you think he's seen the OP has seen the answer?

This post must have come up while I was searching for something, It was near the top of the page with no replies.

You must have dug deep to find that one :whistling: at least its been replied to :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You will get different answers here. Not all Police Forces list S1 shotguns the same. Some will allow you to use it anywhere you can use your S2 shotgun but restrict the use of slug (if you have it) and others will state where it can be used.

I'm still waiting for my FAC to come with S1 shotgun on it, I have asked for club use for PSG (what I really need it/them for, I've asked for 2), clay and pigeon shooting but as I don't have my own permission and only go pigeon shooting when invited by a friend I suspect I will only get use for PSG and target use at a club. My FLO didn't seem too happy about me going clay bashing with a S1 shotgun. Yours could be completely different though.

Sco77w

Out of curiosity, what on earth were you looking for that took you to a post 9 years old?

:lol::good: