Measuring powder

I use a turret press to load 357 and 44-40 using the lee autodisc method, i just check every 20 or so rounds on the scales, but it never alters.

I also use a turret press for 308, I used to weigh every charge but now use a perfect measure as per Steve B`s post, again once set load setting doesn`t alter.

Did notice a slight variation between digital and mechanical scales, only by a grain or two though.

Kevin

I now only load .308 and weigh each load seperately . I start with a powder dipper and finish with a powder trickler .

Only takes seconds for consistant loads . When i used to load for pistol i used a lee pro 1000 and every station was auto .

Harnser .

Lyman 1200 dps II auto powder scale/thrower, redding competition powder thrower for nitro loads. Lyman black powder thrower and electronic scales for black powder. Back up reference scale is a set of RCBS 10/10 scales. RCBS O frame press for nitro Simplex master turret press for black powder. I load a lot.

Cheers :yes:

Did notice a slight variation between digital and mechanical scales, only by a grain or two though.

Kevin

You sure you really mean that Kevin? :hmm: If that's the case it could be dangerous both with too light a load and too hot.

Edited by DaveK

I`ve sorted it now Dave, it was bugging me because before both my digital and balance beam scales had been accurate, I am working up to a load with Hogdons Varget powder and 155 grain Sierra matchking so by weighing everyload it was highlighting the variance.

I changed the batteries in the electronic ones and recalibrated the Lee scales all ok now.

Kevin