Well I never

fullbore

so they didn't all live happy ever after and all that then? Or was it about you, the ****** love child of one of the slavers, and even as a new born baby you were so annoying even then, that they detoured and tossed you off the boat in Ireland without even stopping themselves!

Now THAT's a story

What annoys me is the focus on past slavery means we forget that there are still people being sold into slavery today. If you're buying cheap chocolate, chances are the beans were harvested by 'bonded labour' which is just a euphemism for child slave labour. That's what we should focus on getting rid of - modern day slavery.

I feel no guilt at all about the black slave trade, even though my ancestors made a lot of money from it at one point. Another one of my ancestors was a big campaigner against the slave trade so I guess that evens things out.

I'm always surprised that many people think it was just 'big bad white people stole black people and made them slaves', when the truth is, slavery involved and still involves people of all colours and all religions.

Rhiannon

look at the Black people who are arguing it these days and you do have to ask yourself if they are in a better place enjoying a better lifestyle and generally better for it. Obviously it was a pretty horrific time but the ancestors have come out of it a lot better.