New CPSA Classifications are out today

I agree entirely and it should be easier to go up and harder to come down but it should be based on you scores good or bad.

The example I used was extreme I know but as a true average it would put Mr X in B class where he probably should be.

I'm pretty sure the way it's calculated is by first of all calculating the "raw" average from all of the scores, then knocking off all scores that are more than 10% lower than this "raw" average.

So, let's say our very own MC from Essex shoot a real blinder over the season to shoot a 62, 65, 68 and a 52, all ex 100.

His "Raw" average = 62+65+68+52 = 247 / 400 = 61.75%

10% of 61.75% = 6.18%, therefore any scores below (61.75% - 6.18%) = 55.57% are disregarded, therefore "true" average for classification purposes = 62+65+68 = 195 / 300 = 65%

This system enables everybody who has the odd "bad hair day" to keep their classification relatively intact.

I think I'm right on this one, I usually am, no doubt someone will pick me up on it if I've got it wrong. :P

Cat.

I'm pretty sure the way it's calculated is by first of all calculating the "raw" average from all of the scores, then knocking off all scores that are more than 10% lower than this "raw" average.

So, let's say our very own MC from Essex shoot a real blinder over the season to shoot a 62, 65, 68 and a 52, all ex 100.

His "Raw" average = 62+65+68+52 = 247 / 400 = 61.75%

10% of 61.75% = 6.18%, therefore any scores below (61.75% - 6.18%) = 55.57% are disregarded, therefore "true" average for classification purposes = 62+65+68 = 195 / 300 = 65%

This system enables everybody who has the odd "bad hair day" to keep their classification relatively intact.

I think I'm right on this one, I usually am, no doubt someone will pick me up on it if I've got it wrong. :yp:

Cat.

Spot on Cat :D

Skeet and tarp have a 5% allowance instead of 10% thoughl :P