Selling Rabbit meat

Went to a couple of butchers today, neither were interested now, though one will be in the pheasant season. Another said he had 6 in his freezer, but trouble with getting rid of them, although he hadnt been advertising them, obviously.

Are there any meat wholesalers in the essex/ North london/hertfordshire region that would be interested in rabbit meat from me, shot fresh.

Thanks

H

Have you tried Ben Rigby? His office and shop are out near Mundon in Essex.

I am sure that google will give you all the info you need.

I never have enough to sell so have not been down that route.

I'm clearing some land at the moment, on which rabbits have gone berserk, and im shooting a large amount, way too much to eat myself, and i want to see if i can recoup ammo costs,

I googled rabbit wholesalers on google, and came up with lots of hits for ann summers, these rabbits may be rampant, but i dont think they'll be suitable for use by their customers

Just got a thumbs up from them, seemed very keen to take as many as possible off my hands, thanks very much guys, im happy about that.....

H.

Yeah, they will be head shot, which makes absolute sense...

Edited by Horrocks

Now this is confusing, he wants them ungutted, and of a good age, which goes against my instinct for rabbit eating, whats a good price for them, he offered me 30p, which barely covers a round.

I get £1.25 but can only sell them in up to 6 at a time. fur on, guts out, liver in.

Have you tried advertising on a snake keepers forum? My old buddy has a large collection of Burmese Pythons and the bigger ones go through 2 or 3 a week.

Keepers usually pay around £2.50 ea.

What a good idea :good:

good for the mid size ones the butchers don't want :good: