Pups pedigree's and breeders

Lloyd90

I spoke to a breeder today who was nice n close to me :lol: Asked about a lab pup.

They have 2 lab puppies ready to go now, one bitch due tomorrow and a bitch due next week :lol:

Anyways I asked whether they were workers or for show. She told me "Well you can use them for either really, I dont show mine but alot of people show the pups they have off me n alot of people work there pups!"

I personally thought this a bit odd as alot of people say avoid the pet n get good workers :lol: Also there rather cheap @ £200, a little too cheap lol :lol:

any idea's ? Don't want to miss out on a good deal but does sound a bitt odd to me. The woman also told me she was a licenced breader n kennels, Licenced to breed and house :P She also sounded a bit elderly :lol:

why? im a licenced breeder :lol:

no, seriousley im registered with the kennel club, Allineed kennels for rottweilers and pekingese (when i got it confirmed jess was pregnant i said "thats all i ******** need")

at the minute most pedigrees are going cheap, people dont have the cash to pay big money for dogs, and its expensive breeding and rearing them, so i wouldnt worry about the price tag. as for the avoiding the pet thing, im sure someone will have something to say on it but its not something id personally worry about, some dogs have it, some dont imo :lol:

Well in that case Ill get round there next week sometime n have a look :lol: The only pups there atm are 2 dogs, as Im after a bitch Ill wait n see what gets born in the next week :lol: Its really quite close to my house so could be good :P

Also my best mates dad knows a bloke who trains labs n sells them "finished" , he used to have a fully trained lab which he got for a really good price. My mates dad's going to give him a ring tonight to have a chat about where to source a goodun :lol:

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. Recession or not I have had no problem selling Jura's pups at £500, and Tia is due in middle of July, and I have already started a waiting list. So in my experience the price is not the issue, its what do want, and what are you prepared to pay.

Before going to look at any pups I would want to see both dogs work or at least to have spoken to someone that has seen them work. Then I would go through the pedigree to see which dogs I liked and have heard good things about.

If you want a dog to work, buy a dog to work, if its just for show :good: then go for show type, but don't just by the farm cat because its local. I am sure there must be other breeders near to you that breed what you are looking for.

Good luck in your search.

Ian

I'm with you ian, you want to know the pup is from good stock bigthug, this pup will be with you for 10 years at the least...I believe you pay for quality also, do your research and so on mate...you don't want to part with your hard earned cash for a pile of u know what...

why don't you go and have a word with the local gamekeepers, alot of them would of had there bitches lined in the spring and they may have something suitable, I think a good gamekeeper bred pup would be perfect for your first, and whats hapened to Jackels litter,thought you were having one of them, think long and hard mate & I know I would travel 10 hours for the right dog.

No ned to rush either, take your time and be prepared..

I'm with you ian, you want to know the pup is from good stock bigthug, this pup will be with you for 10 years at the least...I believe you pay for quality also, do your research and so on mate...you don't want to part with your hard earned cash for a pile of u know what...

why don't you go and have a word with the local gamekeepers, alot of them would of had there bitches lined in the spring and they may have something suitable, I think a good gamekeeper bred pup would be perfect for your first, and whats hapened to Jackels litter,thought you were having one of them, think long and hard mate & I know I would travel 10 hours for the right dog.

No ned to rush either, take your time and be prepared..

Yer mate thats why I posted, they didn't sound like the best pick of pups. Hopefully my mate will come through with some good ones.

I do have the option of having a pup off Lone Wolf, although before I put down a deposit I was looking if there's anything a bit closer as its about a good 4 hours drive. Its still an option and I will consider it :good:

Like ricky and eshiels have said I want a good worker thats why I asked where they working stock, "They can do both" seemed as though they just wanted to sell the pups n didn't care too much about where they were going :good:

wasn't getting at you mate, but i wouldn't touch these dogs, you want proven workers which have been tested and you know you can trust the breeding, so i would leave this option, go round viewing litters close to you, get in your local paper, talk to local shooting men they will point you in a direction...be happy with what you see in the dogs pedigree, don't go for something brimming with FTCH's be too hot, you want a few in there though so you know you've got some good tested stock...

If you were closer I'd come and help you out, tell me when you've got the money and i will have a browse for you, point you in the right direction, you seem like you want a dog for all the right reasons, so i'd love to help you out and so on...

If you ever need any advice or anything remember to drop me a PM...

Cheers mate :good: Yer I kno ur not havin a go :) I felt rather dodgy about the pups I phoned about :good:

Dont want to throw my money away so defo keep a look out for a good proven working line. Saving the money n its slowly gathering up B)

Hard trying not to spend it :) Although I am spending some as I need to puppy proof the garden so the lil begga dont get out onto a road or something.

I have a nice big garden which is nice but a hell ofa job to puppy proof :lol: lol Need to put up a good bit of fencing, fit old fencing with new fencing that has smaller gaps, add a few gates and build a run to put a kennel in :lol:

Although my mum says its cruel to put them in a kennel n she shud be in the house. I think Ill house train the pup but have a run / kennel that the pup can stay in if were out for a while, dog be comfy then n have somewhere to go to the toilet :lol: Although there's never really no one home at most times of the day :lol:

Cheers Rick :) Have to keep my eyes open :)

Please dont foget the health checks:

Hips

Eyes

Elbows

Should be done on both the dam and the sire's side.

Optigen tested clear on either the sire or the dam I would recommend.

There's nothing wrong with keeping dogs in the house, I prefer to keep them outside, and I find you get a better response from them when it comes to training.

How far is newport fro you:

Follow the link:

http://classifieds.country-classifieds.com...e=;session_key=

I also agree with Rickyspringer. :good:

Ian

Please dont foget the health checks:

Hips

Eyes

Elbows

Should be done on both the dam and the sire's side.

Optigen tested clear on either the sire or the dam I would recommend.

There's nothing wrong with keeping dogs in the house, I prefer to keep them outside, and I find you get a better response from them when it comes to training.

How far is newport fro you:

Follow the link:

http://classifieds.country-classifieds.com...e=;session_key=

I also agree with Rickyspringer. ;)

Ian

Cheers mate :( Damn there ready in 3 days ;) Might have to see if I can scrap together the cash in those days :P

Cheers mate ;) Damn there ready in 3 days :( Might have to see if I can scrap together the cash in those days ;)

Have a look first before you make up your mind. Do some research on the dam and sire, ask around to see if anyone has seen them work, of check to see what pups they have produced in the past and how they are doing.

I have kept pups for 12 and 14 weeks because of new owners holiday commitments, you could always ask if they could hang on to one for you a little longer, just make something up, give them a deposit, and that will give you a little longer to sort out the kennel and arrange some funds.

Cheers

Ian