Coaching session with Ross Straker

Doc Holliday

For anyone whom may be interested, I've been approached to ask if Ross Straker would be available for some coaching. A few of you have met him at the Kent Police shoot so you know his background. For those who haven't met him, or heard of him, he quite often takes High gun at Keston & Horne shoots (to name a couple).

He is offering a 1 to 1 session for £85 (inclusive of 50 clays & cartridges) at Bolebroke Castle (Hevry VIII's hunting lodge), near Hartfield, East Sussex (date to be confirmed). He will need at least 6, and no more than 8 names, put forward and paid up. This is ideal for anyone struggling with those tricky little issues which no matter what you do, you just can't resolve it.

Ross is an excellent coach and very easy going (not a stress head like some I've come across). He can advise and coach in a way that's easy to understand where you're going wrong.

Depending on who's up for it and when they can make it, he could do pretty much any day of the week or weekend. So it would probably take place in a fortnights time, or there abouts.

PM me for putting your name down. Places confirmed upon reciept of payment. First come, first in. So get in quick to take advantage of some top quality coaching! :good::good:

I'll try and put it into words of one syllabal or less...

It's £85 per head for 50 clays & carts or there abouts (Min 6 - max 8 persons). He's working on it being around an hour per person & It's really for those who have a problem where they can't see how to correct it.

With the exception of rabbits and loopers (although it may be possible to get close to a looper with my trap), he will go through in detail with you one to one to help overcome any issues you may have with crossers, going away birds, teals, walked up, overhead, eye dominance or just general inconsistancy. You name it he will certainly be able to point you in the right direction with some very sound advice.

Maybe I forgot to mention he is CPSA qualified & a AAA instructor.

It may seem a bit pricey but it's not when you consider the level of tuition you will receive.

Possibly. But George wouldn't do a session for £85 with clays & cartridges. Anyhow, Ross is equally as skilled as Digweed. Just look at the results in shooting magazines under Horne if you need the proof.

And £85 isn't that pricey for someone of his experience seeing as most places would charge that EXCLUDING clays & carts.

One last point, I'm not here to champion Ross but simply try to help arrange any advanced coaching with him anyone may feel that they may need. So if you aren't interested in it then please refrain from posting replies slating the guy when you haven't even had the decency to give it a try.

you obviously are championing the guy :hmm: and i doubt very much wether he is as skilled as george. :yes:

i am merely pointing out that he IS on the expensive side for 1 hour including clays.

i do not recall slating the guy at all as i do not know him, and pesonally, i doubt wether he could teach me anything i do not know already, or have forgotten :D

Anyhow, Ross is equally as skilled as Digweed.

Whoa.......I wasn't going to comment on this one, but that's certainly a bold claim, I'm sure Ross wouldn't like to argue that one in front of an audience of Sporting shooters. :hmm:

The reality is that Ross has achieved very little in the world of Sporting, he's a "Club Level" instructor probably very capable of showing newbies which end of the gun to stick in their shoulder, but very little beyond that.

I'm afraid he's achieved nothing in the major competition scene, (unlike beretta), who's won more than his fair share, and has the tee shirt and bulging trophy cabinet to prove it. :yes:

The going rate for tuition at that basic level is roughly half of what Ross is proposing to charge, so my advice to those who are prepared to spend that much is book a few sessions with a good "top level" coach, like Carl Bloxham, Mike Reynolds or John Bidwell, you won't regret it.

Cat.

The going rate for tuition at that basic level is roughly half of what Ross is proposing to charge, so my advice to those who are prepared to spend that much is book a few sessions with a good "top level" coach, like Carl Bloxham, Mike Reynolds or John Bidwell, you won't regret it.

Cat.

:hmm::yes::D:good::blush:

Ok, ok! I get the point. :lol:

I was just trying to help organise some advanced coaching as I was approached by one of us if he would be up for that. I asked him if he would and what he would charge. I was just passing it on. But he is a good coach. As i said to Beretta in a PM, after my appauling score at the Kent Police shoot, I'll be booking up some extra sessions with him (as well as going out on me todd).

As for lessons in raising a glass of Boddies... is that a bitter? I don't do bitter I'm afraid :lol: Give me a real ale of decent calibre & body any day (or guiness or single malt whisky... hell, or all 3 :good: )