Fibre vs Plastic - any difference?

Condor

I am not sure that the wad will make any difference to the velocity of the shot- but there are others on here who will know much more about shot shell ballistics than I do - so I would welcome their comment.

I too cannot find any difference in sound - but then agian I only have 30% hearing in my right ear anyway!

David

The mess fibres leave in the barrels is enough to make me avoid them at all costs - they are a nightmare compared to plastic.

We shot about 500 fibres each on a sim game day last year and it took blooming ages to get all the lead out :yes:

I didn't find the fibre made any more of a mess than plastic in the semi auto, which gets generally very dirty from the gases etc anyway. TBH, some of the fibres I tried seemed ok to shoot with no problems with recoil with the 28g loads as opposed to my usual o/u cartridge, Hull Compx21g. Eley VIP, Pro Fibre both cycled through the Beretta with no problems at all, although one of the other Hull fibres just wouldn't work.

I'll keep some in the boot for those places who insist on fibre, I think, and use plastic where I can, though. :good: