Pigeons on Rape and an air rifle

Carbonrocket

Help requied!!!

My Permission owner is happy with me shifting Ferrals and Woodies from the barns and bunnies from the surrounding area.

NOW he wants woodies finished from rape fields. Far as I can see its a case for a shotgun and a hide with decoys. I have not a shotgun nor decoys but can make a hide. Any help please as I still have not finished whith my misses in the Gun cabinet being fitted to our bed room.

Help I dont want to let down my permission owner.

Carbon

Unless you can find a "sitty" tree on the edge of the feild i think that you will struggle to make any impact on pigeons over rape with a puffgun-its hard enough with a shotty! If you can find the roost you may have more luck but this time of the year the birds will sleep anywhere they fancy.End case scenario is to get your misses sorted out and quick before someone else hijacks your permission.As you dont appear to have access to (or experience with) a shotgun what about finding a local gun to accompany you and you could pick up tips from him as a bonus? :lol:

i agree with bruno's advice and if there are trees around the fields they will be feeding for a while then hiding in the trees for a while before they feed again, you may be able to ambush them between feeding if you get under the trees and your guns whisper quiet. Otherwise dusk roost shooting, but sounds like a shotguns the tool for this job.

Unless you can find a "sitty" tree on the edge of the feild i think that you will struggle to make any impact on pigeons over rape with a puffgun-its hard enough with a shotty! If you can find the roost you may have more luck but this time of the year the birds will sleep anywhere they fancy.End case scenario is to get your misses sorted out and quick before someone else hijacks your permission.As you dont appear to have access to (or experience with) a shotgun what about finding a local gun to accompany you and you could pick up tips from him as a bonus? :D

:good:

http://hayes.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/2009/03...ir-rifle-i.html

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=712747

http://www.gun-control-network.org/PA05.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/149...d-for-life.html

need i go on.

I have Shot Woodies with Shotgun and Air Gun

Yes easier in flight with a Shotgun

But a Air Gun can also reduce their numbers

Especially if you use Decoy's and a Flappers

Which brings them into area

We had a competition on a large Shoot - between a Shotguns

And Air Gun's

Air Gun's Shot more on landing

Yes was multi shot - on bipods

BOB/R

Help requied!!!

My Permission owner is happy with me shifting Ferrals and Woodies from the barns and bunnies from the surrounding area.

NOW he wants woodies finished from rape fields. Far as I can see its a case for a shotgun and a hide with decoys. I have not a shotgun nor decoys but can make a hide. Any help please as I still have not finished whith my misses in the Gun cabinet being fitted to our bed room.

Help I dont want to let down my permission owner.

Carbon

shame its not closer i could have got three to help