sillosock rotary wings

jake202

i had a problem like this the first time i had some not realising they needed line ?

it might sound a little silly but as the fishing line / nylon streched or broke

you know the line that attaches the bottom of the wing to the decoy ?

just a thought this caused mine to flap all over the place

• 2 months later...

I bought a Sillosocks rotary with 2 Hypaflap decoys from UK Shoot Warehouse recently & used it for the first time last Saturday.

To start with it was working really well, but after a while the inner wings (left wing) of both decoys started to flip over on a regular basis.

I adjusted the angle of the decoys & sped up the rotation as the wind had picked up a bit (I was using the thicker carbon spars from the start) but they kept flipping over & spooking incoming birds.

The wind was breezy rather than gale force, so I would have thought the rotary should have been working OK.

Having spoken to Sarah @ UKSW, I have been advised to shorten the length of fishing line slightly & am told this should resolve the problem - not yet had a chance to try out since, but will do so at the weekend!

I'm impressed with the Sillosocks decoys, they stand out really well & you can pack a lot of them in your bag for minimal weight.

Andrew T

I had a similar problem, in some windy conditions, (nearly put the rotary away cos was rather too wind really).

But just to see what would happen, I but the thin and thick spar in 1 of the flappers wings.

It doesn't flap quite as much (not at all if there is little or no wind) but the wings stopped twisting over.

Chris

sometimes the fishing line wing restrictors are too long and just need shortening. IF the spars are too long, are you sure you have the rubber ends on? these help normally.

sometimes in a very strong wind the wings flap too much and seem to me to put birds off a bit ......but in light wind they are fantastic and the best (apart from real ones, of course!)