Clay clubs in Devon

jasper3

Good one Rarerims :D that could also be a good option..

i spoke to a great guy from four seasons..he said i could come along to have a look B) :lol::good:

but if you PM me a contact number i could ring and also have a look

many thanks for the great replies... your making a man of 47 feel like a kid again :hmm:

john

Edited by jasper3

Contact number for Crediton Gun club?

or mine?

01363 773537 = Crediton Gun Club

01363 777007 = my work number - ask for Julian

Gun Club is every other saturday, think there are only 2 more shoots this year thou.

This weekend coming is the shoot (12th September) - if you give me a pm or a shout on the phone i'll let you have directions!

J

Just spent the afternoon with the crediton clay shooting club......

a million thanks for the welcome.and the great tuition.... really enjoyed the day and learnt so much ..can't wait for the next one ..

john

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Daves definatly the guy to teach you :yp:

Definatly my last time in novice, dont think they will buy it again :good:

Give me a shout when you are next about and we'll try ashcombe or something mate

J

J ..you are a star that man :good: thankyou for the invite,,its people like you that make it easier for the like's of me a million thanks mate.. ile deffo be in touch ... bleeding arm ache's though :lol:

Dave was a true star and a gentleman.... his tuition was superb..that man will deffo get a pint at the Xmas bash :yp: as will you :lol:

Cough cough novice and Julian in the same sentence??? lol

Next ones DTL but on the list its also double rise so that will probably be the challenge and i hate double rise :hmm:

Mind you been shooting DTL better with the caesar so may get on better with the double rise.

Ashcombes a bit of fun especially on the compact sporting.You can shoot lots in a short while tho so beware,

seen tom today :good: really helpful, and knows his stuff.... put a deposit on one that just felt soooooo good ..... wont say to much at this point..but the service was fantastic...and when i get my SGC he said i can try it out the back..and if i dont like it i can try many others...now that is good service..what with a 3yr warrenty :cry1::lol:

john

seen tom today :good: really helpful, and knows his stuff.... put a deposit on one that just felt soooooo good ..... wont say to much at this point..but the service was fantastic...and when i get my SGC he said i can try it out the back..and if i dont like it i can try many others...now that is good service..what with a 3yr warrenty :beer::good:

john

Dont keep us in suspence, what did you get? :yes:

Edited by Rarerims

Well after firing a few guns over the weekend, the one that i really liked and felt like it melted into my shoulder was Daves gun ...

the Winchester trap..

Tom let me have a feel of a few guns and the one that turned up trumps ..was the same as Dave's :good:

It is a little heavier than the game guns, but it really did fit nice ....I always have the option to change if I don't get on with it :good:

i was a little unsure 1st as the choke's are quiet tight being full and 3/4...............

if this turns out to be a problem..I will change the gun, .............. but !!!! got to say !!! It really felt nice :yes:

john :beer:

Hi, Jasper,

Re your original post on guns and equipment on 6 Sept. which (currently) is now on page 3. Dont think you saw my reply. Offer still stands but by the look of it, you've got it cracked. However, Mate, it may just pay to give me a bell. I,m going to PM my 'phone number, its on the Exmouth exchange.

Cheers

Well after firing a few guns over the weekend, the one that i really liked and felt like it melted into my shoulder was Daves gun ...

the Winchester trap..

Tom let me have a feel of a few guns and the one that turned up trumps ..was the same as Dave's :P

It is a little heavier than the game guns, but it really did fit nice ....I always have the option to change if I don't get on with it :innocent:

i was a little unsure 1st as the choke's are quiet tight being full and 3/4...............

if this turns out to be a problem..I will change the gun, .............. but !!!! got to say !!! It really felt nice :P

john :yp:

Same as me then mate, the gun that fits me the best was the one I bought (Mk38 trap) 3/4 full chokes.

If it fits you well theres always the option of a teague choke conversion.

Im half tempted to get mine done, but Tom's keeping his eyes open for a multichoked MK38 trap, which I will px mine for.

Ive found it not to be too much of a handicap, use it for everything, just at the back of your mind your never sure if you would have scored slightly higher, if you'd had the 'correct' chokes.

So is it the 8500 like Daves or the 6500?

Dont get to tied up in the choke syndrome.Its easy to blame them when you dont shoot straight.

Like Julian says you can get a teague conversion done but its not cheap (around £250) but tbh ive heard of more than 1 blowing the chokes out and it also has happened to 1 crediton gun club member on his miroku mk38 last year..

Other option is to bore out the chokes to say 1/2 and 1/2 whuch will cover you both for the sporting and DTL which cost around £45 a barrel but it may devalue the gun by £100.

well the inspection went well .... :good: the FEO was more than happy...just got to wait now for the cert ???

One thing I have got to say is ..how fantastic people in this sport have been to me..... I have probably been very lucky to have met some of the most helpful people that you could wish to meet.... with some pretty impressive experience, i feel as though ive been taken under the wing....

a massive thankyou for that :good:

john