Safe for shotgun cartridges

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on a safe/gun cabinet for holding 250 boxes of 12b cartridges? The Infac B6 6 GUN WITH SHELF 1400X350X250 £188 possibly holds up to 10 boxes but is of course £188!.

Anyone got any experience of locking these away? I know I don't have to but for a number of reasons, I want them secure. I want a box of 250 to go in flat and could have over 1000 at any one time. It may need to hold rimfire and centrefire ammo in the future but these are a lot less bulky.

Thanks, G

Great suggestions, many thanks.

Can anyone confirm that all 250 boxes of cts are approximately tbe same size. We tend to use only a couple of brands which are similarly packed and as my lad is only a relatively recent clay shooter, I don't have a lot of experience of buying loads of cartridges!

Feel the pain now though - he shoots and I pay!!

I did buy a locking 2 drawer filing cabinet of ebay recently which was absolutely useless. Guess boxes of cartridges weigh a LOT more than files of paper!!! Doh!!

Edited by Glenshooter

hi there i`m a sheet metal worker and could quite easily make one, im sure if you went down to local engineering spot they`d sort you out with what you want if you were closer i could help you out there..

jamie

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on a safe/gun cabinet for holding 250 boxes of 12b cartridges? The Infac B6 6 GUN WITH SHELF 1400X350X250 £188 possibly holds up to 10 boxes but is of course £188!.

Anyone got any experience of locking these away? I know I don't have to but for a number of reasons, I want them secure. I want a box of 250 to go in flat and could have over 1000 at any one time. It may need to hold rimfire and centrefire ammo in the future but these are a lot less bulky.

Thanks, G