running dogs?

rascal_2005

I've got a deer/grey dog 12 month old and a deer/grey x collie/grey bitch pup that i'm running on this season. Here is a couple of pics of my friends dogs that i have on photobucket

saluki x grey dog

DSC00245.jpg

saluki x grey bitch pup

mini-DSC00001.jpg

bull/whippet x collie/grey/whippet

mini-DSC00005.jpg

saluki/grey bitch with a retrieved fox

Spiderandfox.jpg

I'll put some pictures up of mine when i get the lead for my phone :good:

Edited by Hezbear

Nice looking dogs Chard1981, shame that deer/grey got pinched. All dog thiefs want there hands chopped off. Rascal 2005 i got into it through my uncle having lurchers and whippets, if you get a lurcher and want any advice just pm me and i'll be happy to give you some advice. I have a dvd called purdeys progress about training a pup that i could send you :good:

Nice looking dogs Chard1981, shame that deer/grey got pinched. All dog thiefs want there hands chopped off. Rascal 2005 i got into it through my uncle having lurchers and whippets, if you get a lurcher and want any advice just pm me and i'll be happy to give you some advice. I have a dvd called purdeys progress about training a pup that i could send you :good:

Thanks mate i was gutted when he was taken have a good idea who done it mine and still looking for them now !

I've agreed to take 2 whippet crosses on now :yes: , so that will be 4 runners and 3 terriers :D on. No they are all good fun :D and i'll need more than luck to help me as i see lurcher and terrier pups and go :good: then they come to stay, anybody got tips for keeping dogs in the house or a number for a shrink :good:

I used to keep lurchers and terriers back in the 80's and God I miss them now! I am in a block of flats now and, being as I am not so "quick on my feet" as I used to be it would not be fair to keep working dogs anymore!

Here's a photo of the best bitch I ever had. It was taken in about 1982 when I used to co-own a hotel down on Gloucester and shows her with the first Charlie she caught. She was only just over 6 months old and we were out lamping just after she started running live quarry. The small mark on her nose is where she caught the little blighter by the back leg - it turned and bit her straight in the face. She never forgot that and whenever she gat a chance at "Charlie" after that she was like a demon posessed and went as hard as nails on anything she took for a couple of days afterwards!

She (Jemma) was my pride and joy and will always have a special place in my memories! Seems strange looking at the photo now, I had forgotten that I had hair in those days! :yes: lol

Just as a foot note-I have now also had to give up falconry due to the years catching up-those fields seem a heck of a lot larger as you get older! Here's a pic of me with my Harris Hawk taken last year!

Edited by Frenchieboy