lamping equipment

drivinfish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered one of these also, I'll let you all know how it works out.

500 lumens eh. David you'll have to let me know the lens diameter 'cos i'm awaiting a delivery of coloured lenses which should just drop in. if they'l fit your new torch i'l send you one 'cos with 500 lumens i dont think your range will be too affected. should get the lenses this week. :yes:

Jamie,

According to the DX site the OUTER diameter of the torch lens is 55.2mm (I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with .2 of a millimetre but there you go)... I'm guessing the actual lens will be a tad wee'er than that.

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you posted. To be honest I think the 500 lumens may well be overkill both in size and power, but I couldn't resist... :unsure: :unsure: :lol:

Deal Extreme.

You can buy the Romisen RC-M4 which is über bright for $17.30, a pressure switch for $4.50 and a couple of universal velcro gun mounts for your scope for £4 off the bay. Postage is free (except for the mounts).

I'll try and get a photo of my set-up later today and post it so you can see, I'm very happy with it, a quick flash round the field will highlight eyes out to 80 yards, the light is easily bright enough to shoot bunnies out to 40 yards, it cost under £20 and weighs next to nothing, the pressure switch means you can easily off and on the light, the velcro mounts mean you can quickly remove the whole shebang if you're going out in the daytime. :blink:

I added a red filter by cutting out a disc of red acetate and setting it inside the lens of the torch too...

Going to buy one of these kits. This may be a stupid question, but as its in dollars do i just go through the paypal process and it'll come out of my account in the equivalent pounds? :good: Never bought internationally before!

Steve

Yes, of course. :blink:

It'll register as dollars but the exchange rate will show in your paypal account, for a rough estimate of cost I usually Google 'x usd to gbp' in the google search window and it gives me a rough idea of cost. :good:

You can get the velcro mounts from DX too, they're cheaper that way by the way. Total outfit would be:

01236 UltraFire 3.0V/3.6V CR123A Charger

01880 17340 / CR123A Rechargeable Lithium LiFePO4 Battery 2-Pack (350mAh)

07418 Romisen Cree RC-G4 Flashlight (2xCR123A/1x18650)

12895 Pressure Switch for Ultrafire C2 Flashlight

12000(x2) Velcro Mounts

Enjoy!!!

Edited by mick miller

Yes, of course. :blink:

It'll register as dollars but the exchange rate will show in your paypal account, for a rough estimate of cost I usually Google 'x usd to gbp' in the google search window and it gives me a rough idea of cost. :good:

You can get the velcro mounts from DX too, they're cheaper that way by the way. Total outfit would be:

01236 UltraFire 3.0V/3.6V CR123A Charger

01880 17340 / CR123A Rechargeable Lithium LiFePO4 Battery 2-Pack (350mAh)

07418 Romisen Cree RC-G4 Flashlight (2xCR123A/1x18650)

12895 Pressure Switch for Ultrafire C2 Flashlight

12000(x2) Velcro Mounts

Enjoy!!!

Thanks very much, thats a great help. But what's DX? Can I get it all from there or just the mounts? :good: Yes, I am an internet dunce! :lol:

You get it all from there, or just the bits you want.

DX is DealXtreme, an internet shop based in China that ships via Hong Kong. Go here and type those codes into the search window (one at a time) add to your basket and away you go, bear in mind that some items may be out of stock (therefore a wait of a week or more) and that it takes around two weeks to ship once the items have arrived in stock (processing, packaging, international shipping, customs then UK strike force mail).

At those prices though you cannot grumble. Although I do and have frequently.

Cheers again Mick. One last question to anyone who has bought this ki;. I would prefer to get a fixed mount rather than the velcro ones as I have read a post above that said that the mounts aren't high enough to reach over a 50mm objective, which I have. So, can you please let me know the diameter of the torch body? Is it the standard 25mm/1inch?

Thanks

Steve

I have just ordered the following from dealtime:

12000 clamps x 2

07934 single mode lamp x 1

01025 switch x 1

01236 charger x 1

01880 cr123A cells x 2 packs of 2.

All for the bargin price of £27

Thanks Mick Miller and the boys for this lead.

My father has recently bought a Deben stinger!!

He feels well and truly stung now.

Thanks again guys

Atomicapple4

Does anybody have one of these for sale or know where I can find one of the clamps? Only want the clamp.

Cluson do a 100 lumen led torch,It comes with a universal clamp to fit on a scope...not a super bright beam...but bright enough to light eyes up...£30ish from mole valley farmers....

• 2 weeks later...
My Romisen Cree RC-G4 Flashlight has packed in after being used once or twice. It hasn't been banged, kncocked or the bulb touched. I've sent a message to DE who've asked me to post it back to China :yes:

had a look at this but i am a bit of a tackle tart so waiting till a atom pro or something along those lines comes up on here or ebay :good:

My Romisen Cree RC-G4 Flashlight has packed in after being used once or twice. It hasn't been banged, kncocked or the bulb touched. I've sent a message to DE who've asked me to post it back to China :yes:

Make sure you send it registered if you can, otherwise keep the receipt and use the online form to keep a record of events. To be fair I think you've been quite unlucky, I have given mine much abuse including shooting for a couple of hours in the pouring rain and it still works fine.

I ended up replacing it with the Romisen 500 lumen jobby, three mode and although quite long it works a treat. Fingers crossed that the replacement will be okay for you (it's a long wait though).

Well I'm not too concerned as my rifle is away for tuning and probably wont be back for a week or two. I was toying with the idea of raising a PayPal dispute to get a refund and just ordering another straight away but I suspect PayPal may require me to return the defective item before the refund is granted.

I waited 3 or 4 weeks for the CR123 charger to turn up from DE and the first time I used the rechargeables it came on then went off. Then it’s stopped working all together later that night, as soon as I went to take a shot funnily enough.

Edited by smiiithy

Which rechargeables were they? And did you read the destructions to make sure you weren't charging them to 3.6v instead of 3.0v? Too much voltage can kill the torch, that charger can go either way and there's a switch on the side to toggle between modes; for that Romisen you don't want to exceed a 3.2v charge per cell.

Edited by mick miller

01880 17340 / CR123A Rechargeable Lithium LiFePO4 Battery 2-Pack (350mAh) from DE Mick.

Strange thing is it started working again. I tested it several times and then went out lamping and it was dead. But no I didn't read the destructions or realise the voltage was adjustable. I plugged the charger straight into an adapter to go in a 3-pin socket and then into an electrical socket. Eek :good:

Edited by smiiithy

Perhaps it didn't come with any instructions but if you notice there is a switch, and reading the description on the DX website it is described as capable of charging 'both 3.0V & 3.6V batteries', then on the descriptions for the batteries it states 'you can safely charge these using the Ultrafire WF-138 Chargers set to the 3.0V mode' so that's all I've done and kept to and it seems to work. You can drain the cells down and then recharge at 3.0v and see if that makes a difference? I know the old rechargeables I used wouldn't work as the voltage was too high at almost 4v per cell.

Thanks for your help Mick. The below might help solve the mystery:

It doesn't have a switch to change the voltage and on the back of my battery charger it says:

"DSD Charger for 16340

(CR123A)18650 & 17670

Li-ion Battery

AC:110V-240V

50-60HZ

DC5.5V/450mA"

I've checked my Invoices and I ordered:

00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack) x 1 Shipped $3.28 -

00936 DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black x 1 Shipped $6.71 -

07934 Romisen RC-M4 3V~8V Cree 1-Mode Flashlight (2xCR123/1x18650) x 1 Shipped $17.30 -

On the DE website it says:

DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black

Power source

100V/220V auto AC switch

Compatible batteries

- 3.6V CR123A rechargeable batteries

- 3.6V 18650 rechargeable batteries

- 3.0V CR123A rechargeable batteries is chargeable but it is not recommended. There is a special charger for 3.0V CR123A batteries available here.

Charging time

- 1 to 2 hours for CR123A batteries

- 2 to 4 hours for 18650 batteries

Length: 3.74 "

Height: 1.3 "

Width: 2.36 "

Weight: 4.06 oz

Length: 9.5 cm

Height: 3.3 cm

Width: 6.0 cm

Weight: 115 gram

LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)

- This battery replaces the CR123A disposable battery also know as CR123, 123, 123A, CR123R, CR17335, CR17345, DL123A, EL123AP, K123LA, L123A.

- Voltage: 3.6V

- Capacity: 800mAh

Charge these batteries with SKU.936 (recommended) or SKU.770 CR123A battery charger for maximum performance.

Length: 0.6 "

Height: 1.3 "

Width: 0.6 "

Weight: 1.4 oz

Length: 1.5 cm

Height: 3.4 cm

Width: 1.5 cm

Weight: 40 gram

Romisen RC-M4 3V~8V Cree 1-Mode Flashlight (2xCR123/1x18650)

- Uses CREE P4 LED bulb.

- Uses one 18650 or two CR123A batteries.

- Support 3V-8V power supply.

- 1 Mode rear clicky switch.

I've put Duracell CR123A disposables back in again (which I've already tried several times) and it's started working fine! I think I've bought the wrong charger haven't I?

Mick as our resident torch expert do you know if I can I still use the 00722 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack) if I use a 3V charger? These batteries will be charged at very least 3.6V at present.

And since I’m ordering something is there a drop in for the 07934 Romisen RC-M4 3V~8V Cree 1-Mode Flashlight (2xCR123/1x18650) that anybody has used?

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by smiiithy

Hmmm, well Mr. Smiiithy I'd say you've opted for different batteries and a different charger to the one I listed and use...

The charger doesn't sound like it handles a 3.0v cell very well, that may be one part of the problem, the next part is the cells you ordered which the first review of states:

'These are lovely rechargeable Li-ion batteries in CR123A format. This is the best for heavy duty eletronic devices like camera flash, flashlight, etc. However, since the 3.0V CR123A when fully charged will result in 3.8V, and 3.6V CR123A when fully charged will result in 4.2V, you have to make sure if your electronic devices can handle the extra power.'

I know for a fact that 4.2v is too much for the RC-G4 and will damage the CREE and possibly other components. I'd have gone for the ones I recommended sku.1880 (only 3.0v giving 3.3 - 3.4v when charged at 3.0v).

I'd be tempted to contact DX and see if you can swap them out, or bite the bullet and get the charger and cells I use. Worst case it'd cost another 10-12 bucks.

I have that torch smiiithy and I'd say don't bother, you can buy a drop-in for it but I wasn't impressed with the beam on that one (it now lives in the wifes car), perfectly good without a filter but add a bit of red and its a little weak (although that drop-in may make it better; I haven't tried it). If you fancy a splurge you could go for:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15685

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16239

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5819

and the rechargeable CR123A's x3 that were listed before. I'm currently using this set-up for farm and field work and it's awesome for picking up bunny eyes at 200 yards but the drawback is it's a barrel mount option only! I can remove and fit the little RC-G4 when I'm doing the short range stuff on paddocks, nice and versatile.

Edited by mick miller