Why is the North populated

Guinea Fowl

I remember driving through Sommerset many moons ago. It was summer, and the fields were full of OSR. It was very very hot that year, and we were making our way to the New Forrest. That was the best summer i can honestly remember. Of all the places in the world i have seen, the South West is the place that hold the nicest memories for me. :good::hmm: If i was still a teenager, every summer would be spent hop picking or bumming about down that way. If you are still young enough, you should try it :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by MM

There's fantastic countryside all over this country....I was born and bred in small pit village just outside Mansfield,Notts...10mins in any direction and you were in open country...20mins and you were in the peak district....I've lived in Cornwall 9 yrs now...I've only ever been turned down once for permission..And that was a sheep farm that didnt want lurchers run on his land.....People are far more easy going down here...They havnt been caught up,or been tainted by city life or city trouble....I love it in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire..But the urban sprawl is spreading,and friends of mine up there really struggle to get on up there...There's so many people in the countryside now (more and more down here)that are from urban areas and they dont appreciate the country way of life....I think my point is...It doesnt matter how nice the land is...If you cant get on it....your screwed...

Edited by smig4373

The reason it's so nice "down South" is because:

1. we have "colour" - everything up North is in black and white

2. there are no Northeners, they are all "up North"

3. there is more distance between "the South" and "Scotland". The North is far too near Scotland. The same theory works in respect of Leeds & Bradford

4. we have "weather", up North you have rain, and lots of it

go to middlesbrough instead of the geordie land!!!!!!!!!

you have to try a PARMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a night in the boro er thanks but no thanks mind for a laugh the club bongo international is worth a shout if you get past the silverbacks on the door, as for a parmo got to be the worst vomit producing slush ever invented but as the boro say its mint ask our dad???

KW

Go further "Up North" to Newcastle

They are the finest lager drinkers in the world. Nobody on this planet can "go on the p!ss" like a Geordie can.

Top people, warm and generous and funny too :hmm:

Jonno

jeez jonno "lager" nowt but womens ****

KW