2014 BASC wildfowling permit scheme

silver pigeon 3

Just downloaded a copy of this years permit scheme, and would really love the opportunity to have a chance of a shot at a Pink foot. Reading on here and in the books about the memories of people who manage to get under them it is just something I have to try and do.

Anybody have any more information on where is the best place to try, I was thinking Norfolk way? And more importantly is there anybody on here that would be kind enough to act as a guide? I know that just turning up and trying to find a place on the marsh is like looking for a needle in a haystack, I also now that there is no guarantees in wildfowling!

So if anybody has any ideas of clubs/time of year or can offer any assistance please just let me know.

Thanks

If you read the individual club conditions in the book you will often find that as a newbie you will be guided anyway. It isn't in the club's interest to let anybody out there who they don't know. If the information isn't obvious phone the number they give and chat.

David.

Norwich & District is your best chance (unless you can get someone from Wells to take you but the members only get 6 permits per season and as you can imagine demand for those are high) but it depends on where the geese are heading and you need someone to take you.

Day permits are £15.

I'd say I would take you but I'm pretty tied up for this season. If you pm your details and I have some spare time I'd be happy to take you out but it would be inland fowling.

I think kings Lynn or fenland offer coastal permits and I'm sure one of those boys could help as they are good ole boys :)

Norwich & District is your best chance (unless you can get someone from Wells to take you but the members only get 6 permits per season and as you can imagine demand for those are high) but it depends on where the geese are heading and you need someone to take you.

Day permits are £15.

I'd say I would take you but I'm pretty tied up for this season. If you pm your details and I have some spare time I'd be happy to take you out but it would be inland fowling.

I think kings Lynn or fenland offer coastal permits and I'm sure one of those boys could help as they are good ole boys :)

Cheers for the info, I will send you a pm and if anything come up let me know. :good: I will have a look at the clubs you mentioned as well.

Edited by silver pigeon 3

I thought about south lincs wildfowling club they have a FB page as I want a trip on the pinks also

Had a chat and they seem a very friendly bunch

holbeach & district share parts of the marsh and are helpful too and can suggest accommodation BUT pinks are not guaranteed on the wash

In testament to PW and in paticular the wildfowling section I have received some very kind offers. Hopefully I will be heading to the Solway in late October to catch my first sight of the pinks any thing else would just be a bonus.

Might even be a further trip to Scotland in the new year and possibly a flight inland Norfolk way. Thanks gents.