Flapper or magnet?

fishot

I run two turbo flappers from A1 decoys, brilliant, police arrived last time out, a member of the public thought I was using live bird decoys, they are extremely effective and I use them all the time, about 5 hours on a 7 amp battery, I also have an A1 decoys magnet with two Hypa-Flaps on it, A bit expensive to set up but on the right day will bring them down from very high up, but on the down side, a 7 amp battery only lasts about 2 to 3 hours and some days the birds will flare away when approaching the decoys at ground level scared either by the sound from the hypa-flaps or just the visual effect of the thing spinning around,If they begin to flare away I take it in and don't use it, but if there are plenty of birds about I think their competitive nature to feed takes over and they become far more confident on the approach, I would say start with one or two flappers, you will need dead birds to mount on these, make sure you only use birds with good wings, you have to break the wing at the shoulder, but you don't want broken wing ends flapping about in the wind.

like everyone says, lighter to carry and a good starting point.The A1 turbo also comes with a timer already connected, so you get the on off effect with the flapping, not flapping continuously, I did buy a basic flapper first, but it was just bits of wire , very flimsy and difficult to set up, not recommended,

Try combining one or two Turbo flappers in the pattern, with a couple of floaters set well downwind from the decoys ,works really well on windy days. :yes::yes: