Application delays essex

Denboy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basc seem to be very good at giving us all advise to pester the firearns dept but at the end of the day they have their ticket so nothing to lose what happend to them taking the lead and picking up the phone and speaking to the head of department on your behalf after all that is what we pay for help and advice TALK IS CHEAP come on Basc let's see your colours ????

Basc seem to be very good at giving us all advise to pester the firearns dept but at the end of the day they have their ticket so nothing to lose what happend to them taking the lead and picking up the phone and speaking to the head of department on your behalf after all that is what we pay for help and advice TALK IS CHEAP come on Basc let's see your colours ????

I thought that's what they done is give help and advise,

Is there any cases where they phone the firearms department one someone behalf?

A friend of mine in Essex just got his Certificate after a six months wait after the initial interview.

Even then this only happened because he called them to say he had booked in to a big local charity shoot as he thought he would have his Cert by then . . . . . . this resulted in him getting a verbal rollocking for booking into a shoot without a Cert (whereas in fact he could have still shot the charity shoot as my guest anyway) but they did agree to put his application at the top of the pile, and he received it in 48 hours.

A dicky bird informed me that a lot of the Essex FD staff had walked out over some disagreement and had left the rest really struggling - no idea if that is true ?

Edited by Guerini Guy

A friend of mine in Essex just got his Certificate after a six months wait after the initial interview.

Even then this only happened because he called them to say he had booked in to a big local charity shoot as he thought he would have his Cert by then . . . . . . this resulted in him getting a verbal rollocking for booking into a shoot without a Cert (whereas in fact he could have still shot the charity shoot as my guest anyway) but they did agree to put his application at the top of the pile, and he received it in 48 hours.

A dicky bird informed me that a lot of the Essex FD staff had walked out over some disagreement and had left the rest really struggling - no idea if that is true ?

I heard some FEOs and staff where on the fiddle

I've hit a bit of a brick wall today I spoke to the firearms department and they are sticking with the order thing.

They couldn't give me any information for the freedom of information act and they said they didn't have to!

But on a positive not I got a direct line to the supervisor and her email address

Well atleast if u keep pestering they will get annoyed with you and get it through! What are you waiting for? And how long?

I'm applying for a FAC and I want my SGC to run out at the same time and I've been waiting 5 months and just been told another 4-6 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

I've hit a bit of a brick wall today I spoke to the firearms department and they are sticking with the order thing.

They couldn't give me any information for the freedom of information act and they said they didn't have to!

But on a positive not I got a direct line to the supervisor and her email address

I get pretty much same answer from hampshire as well, when ever i called them for me its 10 weeks so far, everytime i have called them, same response came out, we cannot tell you where we are, we do not have that information...... (seriiously!!!)

Police crime comissioner emailed me saying essex firearms are going to employ 5 more people to help with applications and the renewals are being done before they run out.

The people that rely on the FAC or SGC for there job will also take priority, so I emailed them saying I do earn money for keeping the rabbits in check and I'm losing out on money and I can't get anymore land to shoot on without a FAC

All those complaining should join BASC, if you have not already done so, and then lobby BASC to complain to the Chief Constable, ACPO, Home Office, etc.

This is clearly a major issue in Essex, judging by the volume of comments on here, and deserves some proper time and action by BASC. This is additional vetting by apathy and must be challenged by a national organisation.

All those complaining should join BASC, if you have not already done so, and then lobby BASC to complain to the Chief Constable, ACPO, Home Office, etc.

This is clearly a major issue in Essex, judging by the volume of comments on here, and deserves some proper time and action by BASC. This is additional vetting by apathy and must be challenged by a national organisation.

Hi mate, yeah it was BASC that told me to contact the crimes commissioner and BASC told me to use pester power, but the licensing department seem to be sorting things out not by employing 5 new staff ect

Denboy, on 13 Nov 2014 - 2:11 PM, said:

Hi mate, yeah it was BASC that told me to contact the crimes commissioner and BASC told me to use pester power, but the licensing department seem to be sorting things out not by employing 5 new staff ect

Yes, but my point is that BASC should be taking on this problem based on the high number of complaints about Essex's performance. Suggesting that one or two people should try pester power is one thing, telling dozens of people sounds like BASC are ignoring a major problem.