Upgrade headlights / spot lights

buntinbee

Hi lads,

Just wondering if anyone can give any recommendations or advice on buying spot lamps for my car. I have a 2010 Toyota Hilux and pretty well delighted with everything except the headlights. Most of the time you can drive on full beam and no one even flashes you, even on full beam the lighting is pretty poor.

I have tried googling (my answer to just about everything and anything) but the more I read, the more confused I become, what with LED, IED and the bewildering choice of wattages etc. I’m not even sure if I would get away with changing the bulbs for a better type.

Just to be clear, it’s driving lights I am looking for advice on, not a handheld spot lamp.

Thanks, John

I think there's a typo, it's Euro Car Parts. The other spelling is for a firm that overcharges you to park...

Here's the Aberdeen addy- but I bought mine online.
22 St Machar Road
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire
AB24 2UU
Telephone
01224 524 966
Mike.
Edited by Mike737

yep, stupid autocorrect. eurocarparts. This is the link to the nightbreakers, though it linked for my vehicle. You'll probably want to change that.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Jeep_Cherokee_3.7_2003/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/car-bulb/?48177019N&1&b598179f58630bcdcc11882e9a30e520c97185ba&000384

Ditto! I put Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs into our Disco 2, dipped beam only to start with, but will change the main beam as well, very impressed! :good:

Mike.

Ive just ordered a set of them off the auction site cheaper than eurocarparts. hopefully they are alot better than the two candles I currently have for head lights!!