finally got my Jimny :D

WinchesterDave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably worth getting a quote from your insurer BEFORE you start modifying it. While fitting some BFG ATs probably wouldn't be a problem (more extreme tyres might be an issue), fitting a lift kit most certainly would be and they may want to hike your premium. They might not increase your premium but if you're going to start modifying it, you really should let them know. Last thing you want is to find out you're invalidated your policy after something unfortunate has happened. Trust me, insurance companies are very very good at getting out of paying claims, so don't make it easy for them!

Yes, I don't want to modify it tbh it's too nice to mess around with I think anyway. Some tyres would be it however, aren't I right in thinking that of the tyre size is different to maufacturer spec it's classed as a mod? I'd like some general grabber at or bfg at but they don't come in 205 70 r 15 so if I don't think I could buy them for insurance reasons :/

Yes, I don't want to modify it tbh it's too nice to mess around with I think anyway. Some tyres would be it however, aren't I right in thinking that of the tyre size is different to maufacturer spec it's classed as a mod? I'd like some general grabber at or bfg at but they don't come in 205 70 r 15 so if I don't think I could buy them for insurance reasons :/

215/75/15 ATs will fit on standard jimny rims and will not rub.

Folks,

What tyres do you all have on your Jimnys ?

(Especaly those who use there vehicles as everyday cars.)

Ours has Bridgestone Dueller`s on and they have been very good so far. I woulnt want to go AT/MT but a 60% Road 40% off road or 50/50 would be good.

ATB

Matt

That's an interesting comment davyo, show's they make a big difference I suppose

Massive mate but it depends where you want to go,I had the Dakars on before,it went every where,very rare I had to select LR, Big nobbly tires so the mud used to clear no bother,thought I'd try the Rangers they are ok but in the sticky stuff once there packed with mud they are like slicks.The only benefit of the 50/50 is fuel and noise oh and you can go round corners knowing your not going through the hedge lol

Edited by Davyo

• 1 month later...