Where to shop for and buy used trucks

casts_by_fly

Hi gents,

I am considering chopping my jeep for a pickup and topper to contain mess a bit better. I have been looking at autotrader, but since pickups are sometimes commercial and sometimes not it seems a bit hit or miss. Are there any better places to look online at a bunch of trucks? Is there a trick on autotrader to let you see both commercial and private?

Thanks

Rick

Edited by casts_by_fly

Unfortunately not I don't think. I recenty looked, and I had to combine googling pickups for sale etc, eBay, auto trader, and local sales forecourts.

All the best with your search. If you have a dog, the L200 has a powering rear windscreen, so you can still speak to your dog. Or reach through for things on long journeys. I ended up getting a navara. Nice enough, but to get jut a sliding rear window is £300! Not even electric!

Just look in all the usual places and shop about. Loads out there and pick the one that's been used as a car. I usually buy private but my last l200 was in a small local dealer, decent price low miles and they took my old one in part ex so dead easy

• 2 weeks later...

Merthyr Tydfil Motor Auctions. I go up there sometimes of an evening to watch. Its about the best entertainment in Merthyr that doesn't involve getting hammered, having a fight, being sick and waking up in a skip which is what the locals seem to prefer.

Most pickups are ex forestry commission, power company or similar but very cheap and some are very low milage. I have been tempted myself many times.

http://www.auctioneers.co.uk/

If you fancy a visit I recommend the Bessemer Hotel and its a walkable distance from the auction

Edited by Vince Green