Bag

• 1 month later...

I would steer clear of anything with the jack pyke name on it anything of theirs I have had has fell to bits in no time.

I got my JP bag the 120 litre with all the bits n bobs earlier in the year and yes the **** of it is wearing through already so I might need to self repair soon was thinking putting some aquasure on it as a quick and easy solution.

I would source one of those Army bergans if I were buying right now.

Edited by Andra

Army Bergan, the LONG BACK version, comfortable and takes 100 litres in the main compartment and two detachable 10 litre pockets.

919.jpg

Cheap, available and built to last!

Second this. I have had just shy of 90 pigeon in mine.

It was so heavy I had lay on it to don it

And struggled to stand up.

I then had to pick up my gun and other gear to walk back yo the motor which included crossing a steep deep dyke.

Believe me, you can get ludicrous amounts of kit in a long-back Infantry bergen. More in weight terms than most could confortably carry.

You could also use bungees to strap excess or outsized kit like hide poles to the outside.

I reckon that with a bit of thought any of the kit lists posted in this thread could be fitted in or on an infantry bergen with the rocket pouches fitted. Carrying it all in one go might be interesting of course.