taking someone to your permission

adi786

ive been quite lucky , ive taken many many guys shooting on my permissions , ive had a couple over the years that have gone back and asked the farmers if they could shoot the land , but , ive been shooting my permissions for so long that the farmers are family friends , they have just shown the snidey shooters the door and let me know that theyve tried to pull a fast one.

Most of my shooting (other than clays) is done on my friends permissions and I would never dream of trying to muscle in on them, and I'm sure he knows he could trust me. I find it hard to believe anyone who was truly a mate would do such a thing and think it's sad that people are so suspicious of each other especially if there so called "friends"

Most of my shooting (other than clays) is done on my friends permissions and I would never dream of trying to muscle in on them, and I'm sure he knows he could trust me. I find it hard to believe anyone who was truly a mate would do such a thing and think it's sad that people are so suspicious of each other especially if there so called "friends"

There are people who does this kind of ****ty acts, and due to them others who're being honest are in danger to been seen same way. Am hoping he will keep his promises, else he will loose all the links and help i do for him, to get him out shooting.

But of course am bit more concerned now in taking any one along with me.

There are people who does this kind of ****ty acts, and due to them others who're being honest are in danger to been seen same way. Am hoping he will keep his promises, else he will loose all the links and help i do for him, to get him out shooting.

But of course am bit more concerned now in taking any one along with me.

We get the same thing metal detecting, them trying to pinch your land, that you have searched hard for.the worst i ever had the guy went on his own without me knowing the farmer asked him who had given him permision and he said that i had said it would be ok for him to go on his own. one peed of farmer and me loosing the land.

I have been on land with people have permision and had a great day and thanked them, but i would never dream of getting it for myself, i have enjoyed there time and company.

And it's not just the UK. I've had it in Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, Italy, and Spain, all the same.

Metal detecting, fishing, and shooting, are the sports that are worst affected by "poaching", and not just from strangers, but often from those you consider "best mates"

Luckily here in NI, most my farmers tell them to take a hike (after checking first with me if I DID or DIDN'T give permission).

Most of my farmers are actually relatives (2nd or 3rd cousins), or close neighbours, and I help with fixing hedges, herding livestock, and keeping an eye for open gates and thieves etc, so I look after my farmers, and they look after me :)

I don't make a habit of it unless I trust the people I'm with (and here, I've met a few recently I would far rather trust than some I've known for donkeys years). My advice FWIW is to build a solid relationship with the farmer, and make yourself invaluable in whatever way you can. He is far more likely then to come to you and ask your opinion if anyone tries muscling in on your permission. You can then just tell him the truth..."this person is untrustworthy, so would you really want an untrustworthy person to be wandering your fields with a firearm?" The farmer'd have to be a bit daft to take someone on when put like that. Your "friend" would soon learn his lesson if that was his intention.

Too much of this goes on, and to the trusting sort it is hard to develop any mutual respect further down the line.

Nearly went onto say a few words more on this, though I know people who view this forum as guests go on to shaft you, and do lots more damage behind your back, Myself and others have tested this checked these few people.

Currently I am still looking for a bud with a dog for the same ground that lives near me, gotta keep trying.

Chiefy

Yup sadly that is how it is, due to some ******* others have to suffer. This is probably one of the reason, one me being unlucky second it is hard for people to trust someone to take out shooting on there permission.
When i didn't had permission, i used to request people for a day out (for sure am not one of those person who goes behind someones back). Being unlucky never got an invite and used to feel bad that no one helps.
But now i think i got my answer why people are so concerned and even if they want to invite someone they don't due to some of these people we have in our shooting community.

On a slightly different note I had one of the farmers whose land I shoot approach me during the harvest, he asked me if I had any mates who would also like to shoot the land, I knew his reasons (which were perfectly justified) I work a month on and month off rota, so he gets me shooting plenty when I am home but then nothing when I am away. I know that with some of his fields he has problems when I am not around, and in fairness to him rather than just letting anyone on, he asked me if I had anyone who wanted to shoot.

I recommended a mate, a mate I know I can trust, that's why he is a mate :-) I took him to meet the farmer and now we have a win win. I know there is someone that the farmer can rely on when I am away, but equally I know I can trust my mate not to shaft me. I am 100% sure this will work out well for us all, and I will also get a bit craic with my mate on the same permission without first having to clear it with the farmer. Surely that's what its all about?? Shame there are some sly **** out there!!