Shoot first, think afterwards

McSpredder

First its not a mistake, its negligence no excuses. Second they doint take their firearms home in their issued holster, after work they conceal carry their firearms in a concealed holster, glove compartment, front seat under a news paper, in a handbag etc, so it would be out of their holster daily, not in a holster for days on end i assumed you would have known that.

I never brought up the Harry Stanley incident, but now that you have what was incorrect about what i posted. ?

I do but unlike you its not unqualified the police are always right support . Did you read the hillsborough disaster report for example that highlighted lying corruption and incompetence in all ranks, their are other numerous examples of similar behaviour.

The PSNI officers (other than the Armed Response Officers) have one weapon. The mainland police normally have two. Both those have to be loaded at the start of a tour of duty and unloaded after. The PSNI officers don't have to do this. PSNI officers do not attend any where near as many firearms incidents as the mainland police do. PSNI officers do not attend anywhere near as many training days as mainland police do and again, only handle one weapon. Carrying a weapon routinely 24/7 isn't the same thing at al. If you cannot see why there is a disparity in the numbers of accidental discharges then it makes me wonder what experience you have of firearms and also makes me wonder what it must be like to be perfect and never having made a mistake as you seem to think armed police should be. Superhuman perhaps? Or maybe you have been watching to many police TV programs.

You commented on the Harry Stanley incident claiming that you knew all about it yet incorrectly stated that he was killed unlawfully. You have still ducked the question asked specifically of you in respect of this incident.

What has the Hillsborough disaster got to do with police firearms incidents? Scraping below the bottom of the barrel there.

I don't give unqualified support for police actions as you would know if you read my posts. But obtaining a balanced view isn't your strong point is it?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PSNI officers (other than the Armed Response Officers) have one weapon.

Wrong again officers (not armed response) routinely carry rifles depending on the area, that have to be unloaded after their shift.

PSNI officers do not attend any where near as many firearms incidents as the mainland police do

What do you call firearms incidents. ? The firearms incidents the PSNI do attend to tend to involve real firearms not stray dogs etc.

Police released a picture of an unmarked car, shot at least seven times, in which two officers narrowly escaped death in the early evening attack.

Two photos PSNI officers, PSNI armed response see the difference.

post-45225-0-71151300-1487624007_thumb.jpg

post-45225-0-64383300-1487624362_thumb.jpg

post-45225-0-67309100-1487624382_thumb.jpg

Edited by ordnance

Wrong again officers (not armed response) routinely carry rifles depending on the area, that have to be unloaded after their shift.

Some, not all by any means. Whereas virtually all mainland AFOs would have two weapons plus possibly dependent on the force a Taser which are also included in Accidental Discharges in some stats

What do you call firearms incidents. ? The firearms incidents the PSNI do attend to tend to involve real firearms not stray dogs etc.

I wouldn't call an incident involving a stray dog a firearms incident and I don't think anybody on here except you would. Mainland AFOs don't routinely attend stray dog incidents. That is a council responsibility, not a police matter. Hasn't been for some years now. Do try to keep up.

Two photos PSNI officers, PSNI armed response see the difference.

Yes. One looks about 16. Not you is it?