fourtrak

weejase

I have seen a fourtrak for sale that I`m thinking about buying :good:

It Is on a k plate with 57k on the clock and has no service history.

The seller says It Is very clean and only needs the osr shock replaced.

It has 8 months mot and 3 months tax and Is going for £850.

I`m no 4x4 expert having never driven one so all advice would be appreciated :lol:

jase.

i ran a fourtrac for a nuber of years and found it ok things to loock out for is corrosion on the under body especialy under the back seats also the gear box can be tempermental ie not staying in 1st gear when going down slopes but otherwise a good bus and fairly cheap to run hope this helps

i ran a fourtrac for a nuber of years and found it ok things to loock out for is corrosion on the under body especialy under the back seats also the gear box can be tempermental ie not staying in 1st gear when going down slopes but otherwise a good bus and fairly cheap to run hope this helps

If its a petrol have a good run in it before making a decision, the carbs are temperamental and not cheap to replace if worn one for spannermen with previous experience. The cart springs on the early models can break leaves but they are simple to replace-look for a low corner. Pretty well unstoppable if the rust worm is kept at bay.

i got a 2.8tdl (94'M) this summer, to use as a winter slag, dog mobile, bike mobile etc (other car is a Lotus Elise).

125k miles, just two small areas of rust, rear off side wheel arch (inside on top) and off side sill. Inside immaculate.

Runs well. Had a mate do a cambelt change and I did an oil change.

Paid £900.