Yesterday, seasons first walk about :)

EastSussexLad

Well i got back from work around half 2 yesterday and dad said he was going for a walk did i fancy coming... got all the gear together picked up my dads mate(Paul) then set off.

First field being a big wheat stubble field but split into two, by a hedgerow that runs right up the middle(This holds pheasants really well). We left Paul at the top as we walked the the fields round into this by the time we got to the bottom of the hedgerow Paul had dropped 2 pigeons. We then worked the dog up the hedgerow flushing a few very very young cock birds that were left for another day, near the end a pair of cock birds flushed dad dropped one, so did Paul both ended up being runners so i worked the dog back down and picked one and also picked the other a bit further down a great start!

The second field being 3 grass fields with a huge river running down the bottom edge that holds a few ducks, so we left Paul to walk the out side of the river and me and dad split up about 50yard apart and we walked towards the river. Around 20yard from the river dad whistles at me and points at a teal that was coming straight over me, i dropped it with the 2nd, but sadly it fell right onto the railway line a no go. The field erupted with pigeons with my dad dropping 3, and i dropped 1.

The third field, 4 big grass fields with a huge river that runs around the border, with 3/4 dykes running up the fields(holds a huge amount of snipe when they have water in them) We left dad to work the big river and me and Paul walked a few dykes to push up any snipe but sadly they were all dry with no water :yes: We then got a shout from dad who had just dropped a mallard and there were around 10-15 others that he had pushed up only the one came back round and was dropped by me, we then worked the dog through a few bushes flushing 2 rabbits that me and dad dropped 1 each then Paul added another 2 pigeons to the bag

A great day, and a first for my brand new game book!

Thanks, and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

post-8827-1255291492.jpg

....................................... The field erupted with pigeons with my dad dropping 3, and i dropped 1........

Enjoyed your post, thanks.

If the field with all the pigeons on isn't on your land nip and have a word..... you never know you might get an "in".

Edited by Whitebridges