Why dont ladies shoot ?

Harnser

I met my wife when I was working for Orvis in San Francisco in 1984 when she asked about buying a used shotgun. She had been on a couple elk hunts in Montana, and wanted to try some duck hunting. We've been hunting ducks and doves together ever since. If she doesn't like the outhouse....Lee in VA... she goes in the ditch. I do the cleaning, but she loves eating ducks and doves. She never liked turkey hunting though as she thinks they are ugly.

Unfortunately we're having a crapy season so far here for the migratory pigeons. Maybe next week.

Pete

Tried to get the wife interested so that we have a hobby we can do 'together'.

Got her a 25 clay 'have a go session' at a local ground with an instructor - the thought of me trying to show her how to hold/shoot a shotgun would have not had a good ending.

She hit 17 out of 25 on her first ever outing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say she isn't coming to my local clay ground with me.......................................

I bought the girlfriend a 20b side by side for an engagement present. We have now been married for 37 years and in that time she graduated from a 20 to a 12, shot sporting clays for Wales, has shot every rifle I have from a .22 to the .308 and now shoots a double 16 for all driven game.

When asked why a 20b and not an engagement ring, I said we will see if you can shoot first. Incidentally, she has also coached all four of our children to a very respectable standard of competence at clays.

Moral of the story Harnser - be careful for what you wish as it just might come true.

My other half likes sporting clays and has her s/gun cert but has just been in hospital for an operation and been told that she has to have a series of jabs that will put her in MENOPAUSE FOR SIX MONTHS. OH ****.

If its only 6 months think yourself very very lucky. The treading carefully routine can, and normally does, last for a few years.

I bought the girlfriend a 20b side by side for an engagement present. We have now been married for 37 years and in that time she graduated from a 20 to a 12, shot sporting clays for Wales, has shot every rifle I have from a .22 to the .308 and now shoots a double 16 for all driven game.

When asked why a 20b and not an engagement ring, I said we will see if you can shoot first. Incidentally, she has also coached all four of our children to a very respectable standard of competence at clays.

Moral of the story Harnser - be careful for what you wish as it just might come true.

Mrs Harnser and I have a very simple arrangment in that I do the killing and she do's the cooking. I must admitt that it would be nice to have her along to put out decoys and to drag deer for me .

Harnser .

My other half shoots rifle and clays, and does bring her 20 out after the pigeons. Not with much success - I had a rifle with me and shot one long range on the ground, it acted as a decoy very nicely, and 4 more came to have a look. She stood there with shotgun - "Can I shoot those?" - Me: "Yes of course you can ******* shoot them! they're still there - shoot them!" At which point she still looked confused so I grabbed the gun and had a pop myself. Missed one sadly, just pricked it, was a tad late on the shot - too busy arguing!

Still, time will come, get her better at clays, too.