Red Filter Paper

robmiller

had a similar problem wanting to dull down a fog lamp for going round fileds on the quad, just enough to see the way type of thing...

I found a plastic A4 letter pouch in the £ shop tinged red so just cut out required shape and fixed over the lens, worked a treat :P

I find that the usual red filters for lamps are too thick and drop the beam power too much - the fix is a disc of perspex with some red cellophane sheet fitted to the lamp. This gives a stronger beam that is red and works fine. The cellophane I got from the E**y auction site for peanuts.

I looked in a load of shops in Newcastle and couldn't find any acetate but was looking in the wrong places really. Somebody was kind enough to post me some but just the size for a small torch so won't do for your lamp.

Arty and Crafty will be handy for you; I'd imagine they have some. It's near Grainger Games on Whitley Road, Benton.

Arty & Crafty Ltd‎

N Tyne Industrial Estate, Whitley Rd, Benton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12‎

0191 218 9991‎

Edited by smiiithy

i got some coloured plastic filters for one of my lamps last year

from maplins at metro centre the ones they use for disco lights

which fit in to one of my lamps a treat

check my posts to see my lamp with filters

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=59505&hl=

there you go

Edited by radio1ham

you probably have something sorted by now but just in case i will tell what i use CAR LENS REPAIR TAPE works for me can be got at most motor factors usually in a pack of three 1 x clear 1 x amber 1 x red and i know not everyone drives but for those of us that do its good to keep in the glove box just in case so isn't wasted when you only use a little on your lamp