few questions about renting a house

flash

very soon gna be renting a house with two mates.

weve worked out the rent per month per person.

but were new to the renting scene and are not sure how much we will be spending on bills.

its a 3 bedroom house with gas heating.

generally no electricity and water will be used during the day monday to friday due to work and college.

any ideas of what the rough amount of bills per month will be?

cheers

tom

And most rental companies/landlords want a month up front as a damage bond - so make sure you do a walk through with whoevr is responsible for renting the house and get a comprehensive list of any defects/damage - saves a lot of grief when you come to leave

And don't be surprised at the end of it if you can't stand your once close house mates - living under the same roof can soon lose its glamour when you're looking into the toilet from hell every other morning - believe me I've been there :oops:

Yehh thats one thing i totally missed out !! :oops:

i posted a site for ya to look at then ya have more lager tokens to spend click me

Lots of good advice there - except this howler:-

Drink plenty of fluid but avoid binge drinking of alcohol

:hmm:

If you don't currently have a love of tinned sardines in tomato sauce on thick brown toast (total cost of dinner c.19p), you soon will! :good:

LS

haha im not a student any more, but the two other house mates are.

both tidy guys when they need to be.

am i write in thinking that as i am not a student the house still has to pay council tax. but as the only non student we can get a discount of 25%. is this true?

They usually take references (employer / landlord for example) and do a credit search. Usually the landlord will make a decision based on this info whether or not to rent etc as obviously they would want to avoid renting to people who may present a higher risk.

Employers will often be asked to confirm if the employment is permenant, length of service etc. As for the credit search, they may not want to rent if someone has poor credit history.