Foxing, on freshly cut wheat fields.....

AndyCM

I went out last night with a mate on a freshly cut wheat field, the combine was still working when we arrived at 9:00pm.

It was soon nice and dark for lamping, good cloud cover and a slight breeze.

I took one (below) and my mate followed up soon after with another. We did have one early on come running in to the whistle - no stopping it, could not get a shot on that one. We both agreed it was shotgun material, oh well out again soon I guess.

Cheers

AndyCM

post-11-1123229622.jpg

Edited by AndyCM

Hi Frank,

We shared my mates Remmy 700 .243

loaded with 42.5g of Reloader 22 with 95g nosler ballistic tips = no runners :/

Shared the lamp work, and best of all every 50 odd yards there was a nice big bale to rest on for a steady shot.

Hope the bales stay there for the next outing.

Cheers

AndyCM

Looks promising for tomorrow night, with a bit more (of a large) field cut hopefully we'll see and bag a few more.

Moon's right, a bit of cloud, no rain, little wind, and bales still out - can't get much better than that.

Hawkeye, they are round bales :/ , but at the hotspots we gave them a nudge and they went on their sides (nice and dry so not too much weight) which means we have perfect height and choice of bipod or not - it doesn't get much easier than this - worked well last night.

Cheers

AndyCM

Andy,

From April to this time of year I always take the Semi Auto, with me, it gets fun when your calling a fox, then scan your lamp behind you and 3 or 4 cubs are bounding round about the vehicle Bang, bang,bang! Best night me and my mate had was 11 a couple of years ago, I think we saw about 20 that night. It was the year after foot and mouth, area I live badly affected, we had a big year. All under control now though.

Hammy