Trying the semi

dazza

dazza you sound as if you are having the same trouble that I always have.

When I use my A391 after having had a spell with my O/U, I never hit much first time out but if I stick with it, it comes good.

Trouble is if I then go back to the O/U then I have the same trouble getting back in tune with that.

Don't rush to ditch the Semi, give it a chance and I am sure it will come good.

Aye, Ern you're right again, all these guns, I don't believe that anyone can shoot consistant with numerous weapons. When I change from O/U to S/A or to S/S it always takes me ages to Eye in.

But maybe I'm a bad shot.

I always thought the S/A was the weapon for pigeons but the more I leave it at home the better I get with my choice weapon, Berretta 687s, I like to shoot the 16 Guage at the Pheasants though!!! Especially walking up.

I've concluded the third shot with the auto for me is useless on pigeons.

Cheers

Hammy

I always thought the S/A was the weapon for pigeons but the more I leave it at home the better I get with my choice weapon

I've concluded the third shot with the auto for me is useless on pigeons

im with you there, for the last few years i always used my beretta 303 for pigeons, but recently switched to using my browning O/U that i always use for clays. where before i usually got about 3/10 pigeons that i shot at, i now kill around 7-8/10. the third shot in a semi can be handy, but pointless if the first two are used well. :/

the only hesitation i have now though is that my O/U's picking up a few unwanted dents and scratches :/

i bet you had the wrong choke in or should i say not enough spread, only guys who can shoot use full choke ,,,,try the half choke and try again ...when your shooting dont look at the pip at the end of the gun look at the pigeon...

PiP ,,,,,,, What Pip ?????????????:lol: B) good solid advice

as to a full choke on a too close bird :lol::lol: lot of fevers left only , your right, think the half (even 1/4) would sufice :(

Dazza ,try patterning the gun ,find out where it shoots ,using a number of guns is possible, as long as you know where they shoot , you will be able to compensate ,as long as its not out to lunch, as Ern says ,keep practicing ,it aint the gun that going awry B) ,and we've all been there :*)

Martin

I’ve recently got back into shot gunning after about 15 years away. I have the very same gun for pigeons (391) it took me 3 attempts with the spacers to find the right stock adjustment for me to get the gun to shoot where I look.

It took further work at a pattern plate to find a choke that would throw the 32grm of #5’s I use for pigeon work without large gaps in the pattern.

I shot two days ago to confirm my choices and had a very good day over stubble with birds as close as 15yds and out to 45yds.

I’m happy to say I won’t be changing anything from now on. :( B)

Perhaps a bit of the same work would help you?

Cheers

S_2