Interview With FAO

JA3llis

Hi all my fao rang today and booked my interview for a week today. Right I have my cab bolted too the wall theres no way thats comming off. I was just wondering on the type of questions he will ask me. I have applied for fac air and .22lr. My permission has already been checked for this calibre. I will have the kettle on as soon as he steps through the door. Has anyone got any tips?

Thanks all

:blink:

Dont offer them cheap broken buiscuits or you may as well not bother applying.

A nice fruit cake should go down well :blink:

apart from that just be yourself there not there to give you the 3rd degree, just to see what kind of person you are :good:

stop worrying. :lol:

relax be yourself be honest :good:

Relax, be yourself and answer truthfully.

Good luck.

Cheers

Edit: See above, a duet, we both can't be wrong!

+1 from me, get the kettle on and be yourself. It really isn't going to be as bad as you think, I had the same worry a few weeks ago. :blink:

Hi all my fao rang today and booked my interview for a week today. Right I have my cab bolted too the wall theres no way thats comming off. I was just wondering on the type of questions he will ask me. I have applied for fac air and .22lr. My permission has already been checked for this calibre. I will have the kettle on as soon as he steps through the door. Has anyone got any tips?

Thanks all

:blink:

He will ask you about your firearms experience. It's not quite so important for the shotgun licence, as you don't need to demonstrate prior knowledge or experience handling one, but it does help to look like you know what you're doing.

Because you're applying for a rifle, you'll be asked a lot on the subject of them. Unlike the shotty, he will have to produce a written statement back to his chief constable who will then approve or disapprove the licence. The more you talk about firearms and what experience you have, the better. Mention EVERY time you went out with a rifle and how you used the safety and were aware of backstops etc etc. It'll sound silly in your head, but justify EVERY firearms experience you can think of with the safety precautions that you took with the rifle.

I don't know what your experience is like with a .22LR, but make sure you let him know that you're aware how much it can ricochet and the steps you'll be taking to ensure you are being as safe as possible. He'd rather that he left your house thinking you're a safety nut, than to leave worried if you'll be safe with a rifle.

Good luck :good:

Oh and if you hook up on here with someone in the same county as you, they'll probably tell you a few bits that'll give you an extra bit of knowledge. My FEO is a Watford fan: Means nothing to me, but if someone who likes football gets an interview from him, I'll be sure to mention it! You'd be surprised how two people who've never met before can get on when they have one thing in common (I work as a recruitment consultant and it's something I always try and find between interviewer and interviewee. Since doing this, it's made me a lot more money, so it must work!)

I have loads of experience with air rifle and quite a bit with shotguns. My best mate owns a farm so I am there at least 3 days a week. I have shot a .22lr twice now I understand ricochets and how bad they are and how important a safe backstop is. Thanks all