jsr or richter optik

lowlander

i want a 6-24x50 scope with a mildot reticle and an illuminated reticle, i have been looking at the jsr 6-24x50 and the richter optik 6-24x50 to go on my s400 for mostly hunting at both day and night and also a small bit of paper punching, but i cannot decide which scope is the better one to choose, can anyone help :lol:

lowlander

Richter are pretty bad mate, after all you get what you pay for. Don't know about JSR but if they're just as cheap then they'll be just as bad too.

sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but i'm just trying to save you some pennies and grief.

Edgar brothers make a good scope, the OPTI-MATE range are very good for the money, made in japan, fog, shock, and waterproof.

Edited by GRAM71

As a Richter 3-9 x 50 owner / user I'll second the recommendation not to buy the Richter. They are a lovely well made scope, but the optics are terrible.

Also, for hunting especially at night you shouldn't need anything more than 9X, more likely 6X for rabbits. The bigger the magnification the darker the image through the scope.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want good scopes in the 100-200 bracket get a centerpoint they are fantastic scopes you can get them on opticswarehouse i got mine from a local gunshop you could pay double and not get the quality have a look on there web site at the spec, mine is a 4-16x56 s/w parallax, mil-dot il ret red/green, 30mm one piece tube it came with 4"sunshade and flip up covers and is one hell of a good scope for £195 you can get the same one for about £140 on opticswarehouse site, you cant go wrong with them. :good: