dirty dog !

badger.22cal

hi everybody,

Bit of an odd one this :lol: just bought a chocolate lab he is 9 week old, been great so far !!!

He is being fed 4 small meals a day on beta puppy food ( chicken & rice ) just noticed twice now the smell of **** after his meal but after going to sort it... found nothing but the smell and marks on the paper... i think the dirty little ****** has eaten it :P:hmm: ... any thoughts, does this sound normal :D

Edited by badger.22cal

glad its not just be with a BARMY LAB lol... now we have a method of control are we talking tinned, fresh, chunky, dried... :lol: cant believe this is a serious conversation :P

Amazing the things you get drawn into huh :hmm:

We used tinned, but guess fresh may be better as it tastes stronger.

GOOSE... thats the dogs name is still indoors cant go out untill he is upto date with his jabs, week on tues he will be allowed out... thanks ill try fresh.
Do you not have a garden or yard?

So long as there aren't any stray unvacinated dogs wandering around on the actual ground your pup is going on it should be fine (obviously I mean if you do have a yard/garden).

One of my cockers used to do the same thing it earned him the nickname PooBreath, its something they learn from watching their mothers clean up after the pups.

Never tried pineapple but heard it works,

if possible try not to let your pup see you clean up after it either, as it may think its got competion.

Do you not have a garden or yard?

So long as there aren't any stray unvacinated dogs wandering around on the actual ground your pup is going on it should be fine (obviously I mean if you do have a yard/garden).

One of my cockers used to do the same thing it earned him the nickname PooBreath, its something they learn from watching their mothers clean up after the pups.

Never tried pineapple but heard it works,

if possible try not to let your pup see you clean up after it either, as it may think its got competion.

yes we have a garden, just following vets advice which was do not allow pup outside untill 1 week after his 10 week jab !!!

not uncommon for pups to do this..my boy loves the horse ****. i seem to be winning that one now with a stern "AGH"

as for letting the pup out..it is fine in your own garden as long as other dogs can't get in..I think your vet means walking the streets or fields where there are other dogs

good luck with the new pup...don't forget..he is only a baby and will be looking at you for the rights and wrongs in growing up..

jasp

you only need to keep the pup away from places where other dogs may have been, pavo is the main one, in your own garden, as long as no dogs have been in there for a while, you'll be fine. my vet also said that there is very little chance of a problem now days and that most vets are just covering there ****. i didn't take mine out front until the week after but i was doing the garden bit from the day he came home.

never used paper from day one, just put him out every half hour and straight after feeding as well. not had a mess in the house, had a few pee's though.

eating poo, he still tries that one now, fox shate is his thing but getting told off when caught is stopping him most the time.

dirty cocker by the way.

Phil.