How much Practice?

Bipolar

you can never do too much practise :rolleyes:

Im a member of a club so get through about 1000 pelletsa a week. and shooting a springer you know you done a fair bit of shopoting when you get home LOL

would advise any and all airguners to join a club, 1. for the shooting aspect. 2. for the vast amount of knoledge available there. not to mention all the nice rifles you can get to try without parting with any money!!!!

ROB :oops:

Edited by roblade

Im a member of a club so get through about 1000 pelletsa a week. and shooting a springer you know you done a fair bit of shopoting when you get home LOL

would advise any and all airguners to join a club, 1. for the shooting aspect. 2. for the vast amount of knoledge available there. not to mention all the nice rifles you can get to try without parting with any money!!!!

sound advice from this man

i practice in the back garden @ 10m with a B2 chinese type airgun, its got iron sights but weighs about the same as a centerfire rifle or rimfire, so its good practice and builds up the correct muscle tone.

i also shoot once a month with my rifle club, and do inter club competitions every now and then. got a 200 yard goat shoot this weekend, 5 prone without bipod, 5 sitting with monopod.

my little 20 person rifle club v's the BSRC the largest rifle club in england.

managed to make 5th one year. looking for higher this year :rolleyes:

I feel as though I do not practice enough. I feel as though if I did then I would get better. Probably a "confidence" thing though but................

1000 pellets a week!!!!! Do you live in the club house or something?

I keep meaning to join a club BUT it is the time factor. I would rather spend my time in the field and can't afford the time to do both :lol:

i practice in the back garden @ 10m with a B2 chinese type airgun, its got iron sights but weighs about the same as a centerfire rifle or rimfire, so its good practice and builds up the correct muscle tone.

How do you get on with the heavy triggers on those guns Nick?

I've got a B3, as well as the TX (and soon I'll have a Webley Axsor courtessy of Old Rooster). The B3 was FANTASTIC value for money and it shoots nice groups at 60 feet with iron sights, but the trigger is hellish stiff you never know when it's going to go off, then THWACK. Problem is, when I go back to the TX with it's light trigger, it goes off while I'm taking up the slack, and I need to fire a few just to get back into form.

Take your point about the way the B2 feels though. The B3 feels a lot more natural to me than the TX which is quit an armful. I'll probably sell that when I get my new gun.

I always say that you can practise shooting and correct posture anywhere. I often catch myself assuming prone, kneeling and erect stances in public places (the supermarket), in the bathroom after I have brushed my teeth, etc. My muscle tone has improved considerably due to a lap of the garden perimeter each evening in a tiger crawl style. My next goal will be to master the art of heartbeat suppression and generally 'being the gun' rather than seeing it as a tool.

:*) :oops: suppose i should have seen that one coming :rolleyes: children hey :lol:

in answer to the question about the b2/b3, the chances that the trigger on mine is the same as on yours is slim, no 2 b2 air rifles are the same, they are made so poorly that they are not consistant.

having said that it shoots tight enough groups, but the trigger is actually very light with a reasonable break and about 4ft of over travel.

Although I am 6'4" and reasnably built I prefer a lighter rifle.

Sussex Lad said my HW57 looked like a toy when I was carrying it but the HW80 he had borrowed seemed to weigh a ton when we swapped at half time.

I say go light. It may be harder to control the recoil (that is where the practice comes in!!) but at the end of a long stalk light is best!

i can see both sides of the argument, however what it comes down to for me is that i consider foxing to be my main sport, and a silenced sako 75 with a bipod and large scope weighs about the same as a hw77 i.e very heavy, and if i get used to this weight in an airgun then when it comes to foxing im able to take the shots without being too bothered about the weight.

having said this my shotgun is a very light gun, but thats a completely different game to rifle shooting.

I've seen a black rabbit like that on my newest shoot- seen it twice actually and took a special deek at it through the scope, just to make sure it wasn't a trick of the evening light. I wondered if it was a cross of some domestic type that had escaped, since I've looked after just such a rabbit for a friend when she was away on holiday - funny that, feeding carrots and stuff to a friends pet rabbit on the way home from slaughtering a dozen of the same species on the farm.... Food fer thought - nah - I've just had most of a bottle of wine and am getting a bit maudlin... Slurrrrp.

:D

Didn't you see any black ones when you went to the stables Brian?

When we first went there the owner said don't shoot them because they were "cute" or some such expression! I think he has changed his mind now!!

There seems to be a few of them around here for some reason. :D

The black seems even bigger in the pic Sussex Lad, it was a good shot with the NV though :D Thanks for showing me the ropes with it, a true eye opener.

As Snakebite says, we do seem to have an abumdance of them around these parts. One thing I have noticed is that they seem to have a weaker bone structure, has anyone else noticed this.

I have also been asked not to shoot Black rabbits on one of my permissions, I don't know why, they cause just as much damage! Perhaps the guy will change his mind when one of his horses gets a leg down a burrow.

Regards,

Axe.

Why would that be Dunganick? If it's a pest, it's a pest nomatter what it's ancestors were, surely?

my point exactly, someone cant bare to see something get shot which is just as much a pest as any other rabbit, but looks a bit like their old pet rabbit.

still the land owner reins supreme, have to do what he wants.