Essex Christmas shooting

ME

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good ole Pete was giving a very loud running commentary on every single bird I "SMOKED", (All 98 of them - he never stopped talking.!) :yes:

Cat.

Yes, my top class banter obviously helped (it wasn't meant to!) you to your 95. That'll be £5 please. Besides, I think you're recall that my abuse/encouragement was far more diverse than merely commenting on your chippy performance.

Fairplay to Cat though, It must have been incredibly hard trying to shoot and put in a good score with PDLM hanging out the back of your trousers

Indeed. "Well smoked sir, i do believe that was even more smoked than Munglers. That's a nice aftershave oh lord. May i carry your cartridges sire? Suit you" :yes:

Edited by Markio

Had a good day meeting old friends and putting names to faces. :lol::D:D

Amazed at the very good turnout. :P;)

Shot like a poof (well the last two stands anyway, was 86% until then) and thus was so depressed set a new MPG record of 44.2mpg in the car. :yes: B) :D

I was on for a straight, right up until the point I missed some.

But you are right Pete,

You DID shoot like a poof.

You must have shot like a SuperPoof then, as according to the cards I shot better than you all the way around apart from that stand. :good::good:

Maybe you need your eyesight checking, didn't Carl Bloxham or Ben Husthwaite do that for you?

Stands 1 & 3 you were well and truly blown out of the water by yours truly, Never mind there is always next time to try harder.

You didn't hit ant trucks on your way home did you?

Blimey :good: I'm sorry I didn't take the **** when I kicked your large behind at JJ's last time out. :good: Nothing like good sportsmanship is there!! :lol:

Here you go Pete,

A little bit of advice at Christmas time for you,

Never, never miss out on a chance to take the ****, because sooner or later it will be your opponents turn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't actually check the cards, I made an assumption. :good::lol: Those were the last two stands I shot where I missed everything on purpose to let Cat win by a suitably large margin, it would have hurt his pride if I'd only been 10 behind. That's a pretty good excuse, you can use that in your next book. :good:

BTW, stand 3....we shot stand 15 which was the high tower as stand 3 was ******** when we got to it. You'd not have hit anything off the tower, so it's not really a good comparison. You probably shot all 10 birds from the single trap left working on stand 3, true strawbale behaviour!!

Edited by Peter De La Mare

I thought I would leave Vol. 2 to you,

After all the "Event anxiety" "Trigger freeze" and the latest one I heard today was "Queue Anxiety" are all excuses I would not have the neck to use in a book, even less so mention in public.

I didn't actually check the cards, I made an assumption. :good::lol: Those were the last two stands I shot where I missed everything on purpose to let Cat win by a suitably large margin, it would have hurt his pride if I'd only been 10 behind. That's a pretty good excuse, you can use that in your next book. :good:

BTW, stand 3....we shot stand 15 which was the high tower as stand 3 was ******** when we got to it. You'd not have hit anything off the tower, so it's not really a good comparison. You probably shot all 10 birds from the single trap left working on stand 3, true strawbale behaviour!!

Stand 3 was off the tower It was a high fast midi and and a lower slower standard. And I am fairly sure that if you hit some then I could have done it as well, only slightly better :lol: :lol:

Stand 3 was off the tower It was a high fast midi and and a lower slower standard. And I am fairly sure that if you hit some then I could have done it as well, only slightly better :good::lol:

Stand 3 was the easy part of the tower. We walked around to the other side of the tower and took the crossers off the very top, and not the easy driven from the middle that the others did. As said, stand 3 only had 1 trap working when we got to it.

I can't claim the Queue Anxiety unfortunately, that one I think was Mungler. :good: You seem to care an awful lot what people think of you, don't be afraind to open up a little! :lol::lol:

Pete, don't forget we shot the tower by the skeet layouts for stand 3 as we'd lost the will to live waiting for someone to arrive and load the trap for the proper one. You know the one - Cat straighted it and relieved us of £2 each!

Yup, just don't tell MC. It wouldn't sit well that we shot a far harder stand than he did, and that Cat's margin of victory was actually even bigger then he thinks it is! :good::good: