Which to buy first dilemma

Colster

OK, got my FAC/SGC all sorted now and have a 2nd hand Baikal SBS 12G nestling in the cabinet but what to buy next?

I have slots on my FAC for .22LR and .22 FAC Air and have been offered a brand new .22LR Silhouette 16" for £340 or an AirArms S410 Xtra (with 300Bar 3Ltr bottle) which I think I could possibly get for about £500.

I'd use either mainly for bunnies, taken to using the shotgun for pigeons, so I don't have to wait for them to land :unsure: and one farm I shoot on I wouldn't be able to use the rimfire anyway on part of it but to be fair we're getting on top of the rabbit numbers there by stalking.

I guess I could probably get my own garden cleared for FAC Air but not for Rimfire so it might get some employment on the odd squirrel or tree bound pigeon but I initially got my FAC to get a rimfire, the Air was intended as a second purchase but recently been leaving the 4x4 behind and going stalking with a mate and his R10 and really been enjoying the challenge.

Been mulling the pros and cons over but not managed to come to a decision yet so thought I'd throw it out to the good people on here to come up with the glaringly obvious point that I have missed that swings it definitely in one direction or the other.

I will definitely second that mate!

You will not go far wrong with a CZ 452 - Fantastic rifle!

Completely agree but it was more a question of which to buy first. Just about enough in the piggybank to get one now and then save up for the other (means probably waiting until Spring what with Xmas and daughter's french school trip to pay for).

The choice of LR is decided, will be CZ452 in Silhouette

Don't think an AAs410 can be compared to a .22lr, buy the rimmie and see for yourself.

air rifle will have about 40ft/lbs at the muzzle, a rimmie with cb longs has 60, with winnie subs 100, and with HV about 120 ft/lbs

There are some wierd and wonderful air rifles out there, but the air arms aint one of them. lol :(

what range were you planning on shooting at? if its under 60yds then the air rifle will suffice, but anything over that and up to 120yds i'd reccomend the rimfire every time. :no:

Gunsmith put me off the Style, said he found the nickel gets scratched too easily - Job's done on the LR, Silhouette FTW!

Scratches? Scratches??! You buy a rifle like that to sit in a puddle of mud or push through a thorn bush. I wouldn't start worrying over scratching it, or you'll never have fun.

One thing you MUST do. Buy a trigger kit for it, otherwise you're stuck with a great rifle with awful trigger creep.

I just can't understand why you'd ever contemplate getting an airgun over a powderburner! :no: :(

Scratches? Scratches??! You buy a rifle like that to sit in a puddle of mud or push through a thorn bush. I wouldn't start worrying over scratching it, or you'll never have fun.

One thing you MUST do. Buy a trigger kit for it, otherwise you're stuck with a great rifle with awful trigger creep.

I just can't understand why you'd ever contemplate getting an airgun over a powderburner! :hmm:;)

I think you make a valid point...maybe a moment of madness but have enjoyed these last few weeks stalking bunnies with an air rifle but I think it has to be the rimmy first and hey, it is Xmas!

Definitely the rimfire.

And then I doubt you'll get the FAC air.

I have to agree. Once I had my rimfire the air rifles saw very little use. Nice for taking the odd pigeon out of trees or inside a barn etc. but everywhere else I used the rimfire. Most FAC air rifles don't really offer anything like rimfire performance.