Likely to grant .22 WMR as 1st rimfire?

vole

I know alot of folk are after one gun to do everything but; I am target shooting on a 100 yard range but if I get my FA cert I would like to use my rifle for vermin as well as the range. Quarry would be at up to 120 yards or so,thinking of the size of the fields I go on. I love the club Anschutz bolt action .22rf

but would like something with a bit more range in the field. Think WMR would be granted on my application? THanks guys.

When your FEO comes round run it by him/her as some constabularies will want to know why you want a 22 magnum , explain it to the FEO and i am sure you will get what you want without getting the firearms department calling you up when you buy a 22 magnum all being it still is a 22 rimfire

check with your feo first mine told me that although my cert said .22 rimfire, if i wanted a WMR it would have to be stated on the licence, otherwise i would be breaking the law. no reason why not though, some police might be a bit funny about having so many small calibers to kill the same prey, i cant say for sure what your feo will say, but here in norfolk i was told that because i had 22/250 down for fox/muntjac they didn't see the need to grant me [a] a.243 for fox/muntjac, and a .22 WMR for vermin/ fox, as i already have 3x 22lr's and a 17HMR.

however, if you are a member of a target club then this opens things up quite a bit as they dont seem to mind what you have as long as its permitted at the club. hope this helps and dont jump on me if its wrong, this is just what i was told ok.