Scam website ripping people off

danccooke

www.mydogandbone.co.uk

My brother purchased a good £50 worth of stuff from them for xmas presents. turns out they don't appear to exist.

i have done some routing about and found the people that host the site and enquired if they are aware that it is a scam site.

Brother ordered goods end of Nov. Still no delivery, all email addresses bounce back, phone number is a premium rate. when searching the number in google to see what value it was. ISIS the internet shopping security peoples webiste come up saying that this site was using thier logo without permission.

so Be warned this appears to be a rip off site!!!!

My brother is chasing is bank to see if he can get his money back, the ****** is it was on my xmas list so i feel like it is my fault ;)

Has anyone else used this site or been conned by someone else?

hold fire a tad they may be legit, if you go to their contact page then they list the address at being near Banbury now funnily enough there is a record of the same company very close to there. My inkling is they are a small set up and been stuffed by the christmas rush. The address listed is a mailbox address so no point going there the address I have is 2 miles away but could be them or could be their accountants but if you need another address to try I can let you know the details

actually just checked it with Royal Mail and they are listed at the address I have

Intouch

Unit 11-12

Vantage Business Park

Bloxham Road

BANBURY

OX16 9UX

Edited by al4x

Ok but they are listed in Alderney in the channel islands (tax haven perhaps) mailing address is Oxon but the website registrar is in Leeds,

they are using the ISIS logo illegally, emails ALL emails are returned. seems very suspect. If they are legit I will remove the post immediately.

Just called intouch. Never heard of them.

Edited by danccooke

Just checked the address on the website again,

That is a mailbox copany called Mailboxes Etc.

So it isn't a real address either. looking more and more scam like

the 08707 number that is listed is all over the place on the net too. I just called it on the work phone (just in case it was pricey) It is disabled.

so in my mind definite SCAMMER.

Edited by danccooke

companies house holds the proper address its probably different so they don't get people on the doorstep but Intouch is registered at it and Royal mail list them so its less likely to be a scam. However to me it looks like an old site possibly one they shouldn't be using anymore might even be that side of the company has gone bust etc

intouch marketing is based at the same address so i'd be tempted to give them a call ;)

+44 (0) 1295 261161

they are the people i called earlier lovely girl on the phone they have never heard of them

the registrar for the website is Intouch, Credcoll House, 96 Marsh Lane, Leeds

I canot get a number for them, I managed to speak to a company who are in the offices below them. She confirmed they exist but there are no numbers listed on 118118 or anything like that. I CANNOT get a number. The other company (sounded like lawyers or accountants something like that) didn't have a number for them and wanted nothing to do with helping.

talk to the bank then sounds less scam more company disapeared / bust and no one has shut the site down,

That address happens to have a firm of accountants in, companies often have a registered office as their accountants so may be worth a try, but first I'd go for a chargeback on the card.

Funnily enough they were also registered on ebay which makes me think even more its gone pop

Edited by al4x

I agree it sounds like it might have gone pop, but the fact they still have a mail box that they are collecting and still taking money, says scam.

Al4x you are clearly a glass half full man. I am definitely a Glass half empty, chipped and i've just cut my lip on the sodding thing.

I have reported to Trading Standards. If they are still taking money for items they never plan on supplying or delivering then that is a crime. Also known as a SCAM.

This has really annoyed me.

Interestingly theres another private address seems to be linked to it, I'm not saying its not a scam just it looks like they've not taken the site down yet the company looks like its gone, scam sites are usually very short lived this was set up a long time ago so very unusual for a scam site to operate for this long as they do tend to have the card processing facility withdrawn pretty fast

http://whois.domaintools.com/mydogandbone.com

Edited by al4x

well their card authorisation system still works which is odd if its a scam, have you spoken to the people who designed the site as their details are on the page and surely they wouldn't want to be associated with a dodgy site. Plus the owner is a customer of theirs so suggest you're reporting it to the police and that they will be a port of call and see whether they have any contact details

The distance selling laws should cover you on this..just contact the card issuers that you paid with..tell them you aint had your goods and canot contact them to end the contract of purchase.( or lie and said you cancelled it verbaly within 5 days but had no refund or goods )..they I think have the power to take the money back without asking them as a charge back..another alternative is to ring your card people and tell them you have no idea why the £50 or whatever the amount was has come out of your account to whoever it was charged by..they wil usally credit you it straight away ..and wait to see if the retailer raises an issue .

Jesse I have to jump through hoops and these people can just get away with a stunt like this

Edited by PWD