Laser range finders

SSS

Ask yourself do you really need one?

I bought one when I was in the states and it certainly does not help me put anymore quarry in the bag. It gets used for two things, rangeing 100 metres for a zeroing session, and then again when I am sat in a highseat and bored I tend to range in various inaminate objects. Otherwise I tend to use it after a shot has been taken, so I know whether it was 120 yards or 130 yards etc. In my opinion they really are little more than a toy.

Sam, you have put in for a 223, all the best to you regards the grant of that.

In time and with practice, and if you get into it more, for example start to load your own, you have a calibre that is capable of 300 - 400 yard shots, and even more. Then you will find the benefit of a range finder more than usefull to work out your bullet drop. But as said 100-200 yards no point just zero a bit high at 100 (1inch) and aim centre on your target

I use one now and again mainly on new permisions to give me an accurate reading of distances accross fields, so if i happen to see the fox i'm after i have an idea of the distance,

also if i'm out doing what i call long range bunnie shooting to me thats just under 300 yards (i know to some it aint long range but i'm only a novice :) )

yes they are usefull i have a bushnell yardage pro 500, cost me £150 a few years back :lol:

Edited by Dougy

also if i'm out doing what i call long range bunnie shooting to me thats just under 300 yards (i know to some it aint long range but i'm only a novice :hmm: )

that is at the end of the barrel! :)

kiddiing,honest.. :yes::hmm:

al