Lightforce stopped working

ferretmanabu

I have a striker 170 that I plug into a splitter unit that is plugged into the lighter socket in my L200. I have melted 2 of the splitter units and blown loads of fuses. I have a splitter because I have a rifle mounted lamp I also use. The plug on the striker get bloody red hot and I am worried it's going to damage the lamp. Does anyone else have this problem?

Harry

Looks like I've really gone and done it now. I cut the wires either side of the switch, hoping to reconnect them and use the lamp temporarily by just plugging in and out of battery but after reconnecting, the lamp isn't working at all. I just reconnected the wires and wrapped some insulating tape around.

Is the switch necessary to make the lamp work? Or have I gone and ******** something up properly.

not sure if you can still can mate but you you used to be able to get the switch from deben try the website they used to carry and do all the spares for the lightforce could be worth a shot but any switch from car accessories shop should do i have bypassed the switch on 1 of my lamps for solo lamping sessions.

if you pop to car accesory shop,get a 12 volt switch ,drill a hole in back of lamp handle,fit new switch in there,connect with spades,alot better ,did mine ages ago,no problems since,should find a tidy round switch that fits mint into the middle of the circle on back off lamp handle. :good: just tape up hole in front of handle.

I have a striker 170 that I plug into a splitter unit that is plugged into the lighter socket in my L200. I have melted 2 of the splitter units and blown loads of fuses. I have a splitter because I have a rifle mounted lamp I also use. The plug on the striker get bloody red hot and I am worried it's going to damage the lamp. Does anyone else have this problem?

Harry

I've solved this in mine by cutting off the lighter sockets and connecting it directly to power, doing away with the fuse in the lighter plug that used to go regularly. My truck had an external supply that used to go to a flashing light so has a switch on the dash to live up a connection at the back that I've just put the wires into a piece of chockolate block and hard wired the lightforce. No problems since doing it and haven't blown a bulb either

I run a couple of LF 240's, and ended up cutting off the fag lighter plug and trading it for an agricultural Ford plug. This stopped all the overheat problems but it needs the female half of the plug hard wiring into your truck cab. I used 1mm household lighting wire cos the insulation is better and took it straight off the battery, though the bulkhead and ran it under the carpet through the handbrake tunnel finishing off behind my my head so it keeps the lamp wire out of the way but it can be dash mounted and definately needs an in line fuse.