snow and foxes

went out last night to a small wood that has had a lot of fox kills eaten within. sat in the car, mainly using moonlight but the occasional switch of my lamp....nothing showed. tried my home made caller [old mp3 player + amplifier] still nothing....there was no wind whatsoever and i think that may have been a limiting thing.

came home with a very muddy car and that was it....the only good thing was BazookaJoes window bag got tested and it is really great!

Just been bavk from putting some rabbit snares out and have seen atleast 5 decent runs where fox snares would be a delight to put down, so im going to go urley in the moring about 6ish walk to the farm with the shotgun. Check the snares and put a few fox snares out and probbaly wait for a bit and try and call a fox or something. But i will definatly be dressing up warm and taking a flask

still see them in the snow they do tend to come to the caller easier as perhaps they are more hungry looking for food the noise under foot does not tend to bother them but generally try to get the wind right anyway so noise should be blown away from them.

Just a word of caution.

If your setting snares make sure that the land isnt visited by anyone who shouldnt be there.

Its easy to see the fox tracks and its also easy for antis, or thieving scumbags, or kids etc to follow YOUR tracks and then interfere with or steal any set snares.

Ive been out last couple of nights and havent seen any. I have however seen a few crossing fields early morning by sides of motorway on way to work.