fac wilfowling

teal27

ok heres what i was told

if you have fac semi-auto it should be fac class1, rite.

now my brother had one and my understanding is the conditions with which its held are quite strict

for example vermin only ,, pigeons crows rabbits.

sooooo

even if your only loading 3 carts in it but it can take more your still wildfowling which is against conditions of your class1 fac semi auto rules and you could therefore if stopped by a plod who knows his guns get nobbled and lose everything guns and licences,s

sound unlikely? i know people whom were stopped by plod coz some nosey ******* phoned plod so they came out to the field and checked his certs and guns...they were polite and all that but still.....

want to risk losing everything???

i wouldnt

get a 3-shot stay legal

sauer

im just about to put in for an FAC shotgun and i want to shoot wildfowl with it, i know you cant shoot game or wildfowl with a gun that is capable of holding more than 3 shots but i if the conditions on your cetificate said WILDFOWLING and you used a device such as a migratory plug(i think its called that) to restrict it from firing more than 3 shots in a row it should be ok then shouldnt it?

No you can't,

A gun that has a removable plug is capable of holding more than 3 cartridges, A section 2 semi or pump is permanently altered so it cannot hold more than 2 cartridges in the magazine.

Even if you got it conditioned by the police (which you should never get) it still would not be legal.

If you want a FAC shotgun and have good reason then get one, if you want to shoot wildfowl then get a suitable gun.

BOTTOM LINE

NO FAC SEMI AUTO ALLOWED FOR WILDFOWLING

END OF.

simplees

want a semi and go wildfowling ? get a 3-shot

like i said in earlier post ....ive heard guys going thinking they use it but only with 3 carts in they are ok...THEY AINT...

a plod who stops you or warden in that situation who knows his weapons and you could lose EVERYTHING.

sauer

From BASC

Modifying a weapon so that it cannot hold more than two rounds in a magazine so

that game and waterfowl can be shot

The interpretation in the WCA and WO of whether a magazine of a weapon is "incapable of

holding more than two rounds" has never been tested. We know that permanent reductions

in magazine capacity are accepted if waterfowl or game are the chosen quarry. Whether

temporary restrictors for magazine capacity (magazine plugs or 2 round detachable

magazines) is legal is not clear as a court has not been asked to clarify this matter.

Therefore a permanent magazine restriction is recommended.

:hmm:?:blink:?:hmm:

hartfordwmj im not trying to find away around using more than 3 shots on game or wildfowl, im trying to justify having one gun that would do it all and not have to buy a dedicated gun for wildfowling as i would not be doing it alot so a dedicated gun is not needed.

I dont see whats wrong if your certificate was conditioned something along the lines of "may be used for wildfowling and or game shooting if used with a magazine plug", if i wanted to be above the law i would just ask for an fac shotgun and use it on wildfowl without a care in the word or use lead but im not, i want one shotgun that i can use pigeon and crow decoying as a 5 shot (FAC) and when i go wildfowling i can put a magazine plug in it which would make it 3 shot and not be breaking any laws, the other reason is i want to shoot steel shot and my side by side is not proofed for steel.

p.s i want to make it clear i do not want to shoot game or wildfowl with more than 3 shots and i have not or will not shoot duck with lead shot.

To put your minds at rest, if the feo even gets a sniff of you lightly wanting to shoot an FAC shotgun for wildfowl then you wont get the slot-period. So forget about any conditions even with a plug up the magazine. This only happens in the states magazine restrictors.

Putting a plug in the chamber does'nt absolve you from trouble either, as the interpretation is not clear enough to save you from aggro if challenged.

Basically when it comes to high capacity semi's wanting one gun for two uses does'nt wash with any firearms departments at all if wildfowl is mentioned or even thought of.

You want to shoot fowl then have another which is three shot-period

99.9% of clubs will not allow FAC shotguns as they are deemed a firearms in a sense on club grounds. The same applies with lead shot. Although technically you could shoot a passing pigeon with lead on a marsh a passing duck you could not. Again 99% of wildfowling clubs have a ruling of no lead at all on shooting areas so there is no mis-interpretation/abiguity from un-informed parties.

:good::good:

As above, it's illegal.

Basically 3jackwhite3, don't try and be clever and find ways around the law. Aren't 3 shots enough anyway? Anyone would think you're either really greedy or a **** shot.

From BASC

Modifying a weapon so that it cannot hold more than two rounds in a magazine so

that game and waterfowl can be shot

The interpretation in the WCA and WO of whether a magazine of a weapon is "incapable of

holding more than two rounds" has never been tested. We know that permanent reductions

in magazine capacity are accepted if waterfowl or game are the chosen quarry. Whether

temporary restrictors for magazine capacity (magazine plugs or 2 round detachable

magazines) is legal is not clear as a court has not been asked to clarify this matter.

Therefore a permanent magazine restriction is recommended.

????:good:?:huh:

Spot on..........

The way I see it is you can have whatever firearm you want providing you can show a good reason for owning the said firearm. Wildfowling is not a valid reason for obtaining a FAC shotgun as it is illegal to use one to shoot wildfowl.

Also I use a 3 shot semi as it is 3 1/2" chambered and superior steel proofed, I very rarely fire the third shot and usually it is only used if there are lots of birds dropping in on decoys etc rather than 3 shots at the same bird. If you haven't hit it with two then chances are you ain't going to with the third.