no rabbits? no problem!!

Ozzy Fudd

you might as well tow the bottle behind you tied to your belt, I've heard of some hair brained ideas and this is up with the best of them. Just buy a cheapie clay trap and have some proper practice

read the original post. we already have 3 or 4 clay traps and about 400 clays sitting up at my mates house; apart from the hassle of dragging about traps and clays, we also dont want to leave broken clays lying all over farmland. so we came up with this idea.

maybe it will work, maybe it wont, and probably somebody will shoot the towing car with a buckshot load within the first 5 minute :yes:

but the most important thing, as doc said, is having fun - and whats more fun than 4 or 5 friends standing in a field together and taking the p*** outta each other :yes:

well, 3 of us tried the mark 0.5 prototype today, it was a great, eh, fact finding mission... :good:

it didnt quite go to plan, basically the fields were very uneven, so a combination of small wheels/small engine meant the truck was running slow over the grass (and every so often the bottle being towed behind it would snag and act like an anchor :good:)

finally got it running ok(ish), theres a large puddle on a track at the side of the field which had a good crust of ice that we used as a test track. it worked for a few shots til the ice started cracking, then we got a submersible truck :) we messed about with it for another 10-15 mins then decided to give the truck itself a proper send off - 8 shells of buckshot and aaa from 3 guns at once :yes: at least now we know exactly what we need to make.

still had plenty of ammo left, so we climbed up the hill which over looks town, hung the bottle that the truck had been towing from a tree branch, and unleashed about 60 shots into it, firing as quick as we could reload - apart from being alot of fun, what made it even more worthwhile was the 7 or 8 text messages we all received 5 minutes later from mates in the town, wanting to know if that was us 3 blowing the hell out of the place or if ww3 had just broken out :P

:):lol: :lol: :P :P

Well you tried mate..actually been working on something very similar and related in some ways..but too expensive to shoot...and to save you some time you are about 20 watts of power away from success ...which in motor terms etc relates to about £90 ...but it was a fun read fella ..and I wish you well for your next go ..unbelievably hard to get something battery powered to go properly off road ain't it :good::good:

oh yes, very difficult :good: but good luck with yours, let us know how it goes :blink:

the good thing about yesterday, apart from having a laugh, was that it let us see exactly what we need to make. electric isnt going to work, so (over quite a few vodkas) last night we started talking about petrol rc cars. now were not planning to shoot the car itself again, itll only be used to tow a target (like the old mosquitos were used to tow targets for ships to shoot at), we just decided to give the first one a proper send off. so after about 20 minutes mucking about on ebay we decided that we werent willing to spend £300 or more on a decent petrol powered rc car, so started thinking what alternatives we have. after a few more vodkas richie came up with an inspiration... theres an old lawnmower at his house we can use :good:

its still being discussed (and ive yet to be convinced about it...), but the idea so far is to remove the blades, somehow try to link the blade drive into the wheels for extra power, and use wheelbarrow type wheels for extra all terrain capability. we also want to make it radio controlled, itll probly be too difficult to have it r/c steered, etc, but at the very least we need a remote cut off switch to stop it. apart from it being complicated to make, its going to be quite time consuming, but with spring coming up soon we'll be out shooting all the time again, so it might be a project for next winter :good:

Is this your land or is there something wrong with your farmer to let you do all this tomfoolery :good:

Wish I had somewhere to do this :lol:

a mixture, one area belongs to my mate (thats why theres a bullet riddled peugeot 106 lying in one field :lol:) and at another place the farmers opinion is you wont be able to hit every crow/pigeon out there (and its very open ground to even try to do it), but at least the sound of the shots will scare them off for a while :oops:

Why not just tow something (anything!) behind a landy on a long rope? Then it'll be going a realistic speed and bounce all over place. An remote controlled car will be well easy to hit cos they're slow innit.

it was suggested at one point (not by me) but it was quickly scrapped - no matter how long the rope its just too much of a risk to take :lol:

it was suggested at one point (not by me) but it was quickly scrapped - no matter how long the rope its just too much of a risk to take :lol:

yep, not safe at all. That point was proved on boxing day when tony and I came to the conclusion that 28g of 7.5 steel won't penetrate a vehicle skin, but 32g of 6s definitely will :oops:

another, altogether simpler idea would be to use a fishing rod to reel the bottle across the field :good:

yep, not safe at all. That point was proved on boxing day when tony and I came to the conclusion that 28g of 7.5 steel won't penetrate a vehicle skin, but 32g of 6s definitely will :good:

eh? did i miss that? must have been away for a smoke :oops: anyway if you think thats good you should see what the 10/22 does to a peugeot 106 with hyper velocity ammo :lol:

we'd thought of something like that, but 1) richie wasnt happy cos there wasnt enough tinkering to be done with it, and 2) i wasnt happy cos it requires physical effort :lol:

but good idea :lol: