Deer Stalking

flexouk

At the moment this is just to see how much interest there would be if this was to go ahead. Prices at the moment are a guide.

Deer Stalking on a lovely Estate near Basingstoke, Hampshire. This will be for Muntjac and Fallow. The costs would be:

£100 for the outing. £50 for the shooting of a Muntjac (carcuss will be included), £80 for a Fallow (the carcuss remains property of the estate but you will have the chance to purchase it at dealers rate).

Trophy head costs are extra and can be discussed prior to any bookings.

Feel free to ask any questions. Any comments are also welcome.

Hi , these are my opinions but it is vastly overpriced.Means if you shoot a cull fallow or untjac your bill is £50+ £100 outing fee.

I charge, along with most other stalker anywhere from £60-£90 per outing and you shoot what cull animals you see, sometimes people limit this to 1 or 2 and then £20-30 extra per beast.

However if you do have any big Muntjac bucks about please let me know along with costs.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the comments. The prices are only a guide at the moment. We got to these prices by looking at over a dozen stalking websites and what they charge. The average fee is about £120+ on these sites. I need people to help with their views on prices so we can get an idea of average fee's, etc. The prices will change to suit. The muntjac have not been shoot for a few years on this estate so I guess there will be a few big bucks. I will ask for you.

I would have to agree with the above comments, overpriced.

Instead of following the crowd and keeping prices artificially high, why not be different and do it for less?

Apart from trophy stalks, muntjac stalking would be culling to control numbers, the price (IMO) should reflect that.

I had the prices from Highclere once and from memory they wanted £120 for the day, so £60 per outing.

Is the £100 for the day?

Muntjac are notoriously difficult to find and shoot, is there an extra cost if it is a trophy?

Also is there an estate rifle availiable?

Thanks

Trophy are extra. The £100 is for the outing, but is just a guide price and I'm sure will change. There would be an estate rifle available.

I go out with a guide on one of the norfolks royal estates and they charge 80 pounds an outing, that for 2 cull beasts and unlimited munties

they keep the meat, or if you want the meat they charge 10 pounds each for the carcass for the munties, and other beasts is charged by the weight per lb or kilo

Edited by goldypurple

Thanks for all the comments so far. Its great to see the thoughts of the people that go shooting rather than just taking the prices of web sites. My friend is looking at the price plan, I'm sure being a shooting man he will come up with prices that are much better and more suited to demand.

Please keep the comments and your thoughts coming.

The prices for the beasts are ok, but it's just the outing charge that is steep - most estates i and many others shoot on charge £50 for the outing ( Remember they have to pay this, even if they don't take the shot), this charge is based on the amount of time your out ( usually about 3 hours)

I guess you <could> charge whatever people will pay, this has only been up here a day and couple of people are interested so maybe your guide prices aren't that way off.

I don't pay for local stalking any more, having been to Scotland and seeing what you can get for your money up there, I prefer the 'real thing' as it were.

But If I did, my preference would be to pay a nominal fee for the stalk but pay for the beast, that puts the onus on the estate to not sell what they can't provide.

If the outing price is high, clearly the estate is quids in either way :welcomeani:

i've just booked a deal from evilbay.... two 3-4 hour outings(either morning then afternoon or afternoon then following morning), 2 cull animals including keep carcases, estate rifle, quad to use as required when on estate..... basically all you need to have a go(and it is my first go at stalking) for £107.

I think they did me a bit of a deal cos i pestered them a bit but even if it was a bit more i think that is is a great price.

Edd

i've just booked a deal from evilbay.... two 3-4 hour outings(either morning then afternoon or afternoon then following morning), 2 cull animals including keep carcases, estate rifle, quad to use as required when on estate..... basically all you need to have a go(and it is my first go at stalking) for £107.

I think they did me a bit of a deal cos i pestered them a bit but even if it was a bit more i think that is is a great price.

Edd

and who would this be thanx

Hi

Just from a complete novice point on Deer shooting, is this offer open to non FAC holders and if so will there be any advise/training offered

Cheers

Same question,

I have used rifles but not for several years (other than air rifle) and do not have an FAC!

Thanks

Okay, I'm going to speak to my friend and following everyones help and advice suggest an new price plan along the lines of:

£60 for the outing/£110 for the day (2 outings) With the chance to shoot 1-2 cull muntjac or fallow.

This is his fee for his time, etc.

Additional beasts will be at an extra cost

Trophy heads as always will be extra.

The option to purchase any carcuss at dealers rate.

Think this sounds better and along the lines of what people feel is fair.

I dont think these people are interested in the management of the rapidly increasing population of muntjac by charging that amount.

If you are trying to make a living from it you do still need to charge though. If the population was so big as to be a problem I'm sure it would be free.

I dont think these people are interested in the management of the rapidly increasing population of muntjac by charging that amount.

People are interested in money and keeping Muntjac around, they taste good and you can charge to shoot them AND they breed like rabbits.

Where is the disadvantage? :unsure:

i agree with the majority here its way to expensive

i shoot red, roe, muntjac, and sika in norfolk and the price for an outing is £60 and ita a proper outing

early one is a sit up and shoot then in to walk stalk to lunch time so a good 6 maybe seven hours or the late outing is about 2pm walk stalk till late then a sit up on coming to dark

aain can be 6 or 7 hours

muntjac are only £30 fallow 60

so from me basingstoke is about same distance

but norfolk has got less hills to walk up and down

it woud only be a good price i think if it included the carcuss

anyway happy stalking to all